lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2020, 08:17 PM   #1
DustyRoads
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 4 Green 6 Red alltrax dcx 400

Hello cart enthusiast,
I have a 97 ezgo converted to 48V in 2009 by High Desert. Its equipped with a DCX 400 alltrax controller. Found a dead forward limit switch and i jumped it worked good for a while. Then i let it sit and back to the same code 4g 6 r. I found that if i ground the solenoid #7 blue wire the solenoid will click. Under voltage is not the issue. Tomorrow i think ill test the limit switch in the I T S.
Anyone have this problem?
DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:05 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 4 Green 6 Red alltrax dcx 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
Hello cart enthusiast,
I have a 97 ezgo converted to 48V in 2009 by High Desert. Its equipped with a DCX 400 alltrax controller. Found a dead forward limit switch and i jumped it worked good for a while. Then i let it sit and back to the same code 4g 6 r. I found that if i ground the solenoid #7 blue wire the solenoid will click. Under voltage is not the issue. Tomorrow i think ill test the limit switch in the I T S.
Anyone have this problem?
As long as the DCX controller is flashing six red flashes, the under voltage error is the issue. The question is why is the DCX detecting an under voltage condition.

Measure the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals after solenoid clicks. That is the voltage the controller thinks is lower than it ought to be.

If that is greater than what the under voltage slider is set for, measure the voltage between the controller's B- terminal and Pin-9, then between B- and Pin-10.

If the voltage on either of those two pins is not the same as the battery pack voltage, you'll get a under voltage error.

BTW: the four green flashes are not part of the error code. The indicate the DCX is programmed for an EZGO ITS type throttle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX in DCS.jpg (268.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:31 PM   #3
DustyRoads
Not Yet Wild

Hey thanks
I cant get the solenoid to click.
I have 49 volts on all four posts.
If i ground the blue wire on the negative side
Of the solenoid ( small post) it will click and run fine
But unsure if that is safe.
There is no diode but there is a 250 ohm resistor

I did check voltage B- to 9 and 10 post and both are at 49 volts
DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:25 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The solenoid''s contacts are supposed to be open when pedal is up and closed when pedal is pushed, so connecting the blue wire on the solenoid coil to B- is a safety issue.

The two most likely possibilities are, bad coil driver in the controller or a bad pedal switch circuit (circuit = switch plus wiring).

Check the voltage on Pin-5. Should be battery pack voltage when pedal is pushed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ground #7 pin, no click, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO