lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-26-2020, 06:21 AM   #1
chvybeatsford
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Gonzales,LA
Posts: 89
Default 04 PDS won't power on altrax 4800

Well my wife's cart sat on charger for a few weeks/month. Now won't move . Key on does not light up controller.
Alltrax 4800
48v cart(was36v)

Checked yellow and white from key to controller plug and had Cont.
Checked white from key to controller had cont.

Any ideas guys. Could run tow be bad or that would light up controller either way?
chvybeatsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-26-2020, 12:27 PM   #2
chvybeatsford
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Gonzales,LA
Posts: 89
Default Re: 04 PDS won't power on altrax 4800

Well found some problems.

Controller will power on with USB cable into laptop. But I get these issues in attached picture.

Any ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200326_122233.jpg (128.3 KB, 0 views)
chvybeatsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2020, 12:55 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 16,498
Default Re: 04 PDS won't power on altrax 4800

Try unplugging, spray cleaning and reconnecting all plugs on the controller.

Measure the voltage between the white and black wire on J4 (labeled as C4 on Alltrax schematics). Ought to be 10V with pedal up and 6V with pedal down.

Errors indicate the voltage is <6V with pedal in either position.

Note: Laptop powers up the XCT via the 5V fed to it by the USB connection. Only the logic circuits are active.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2020, 01:15 PM   #4
chvybeatsford
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Gonzales,LA
Posts: 89
Default Re: 04 PDS won't power on altrax 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Try unplugging, spray cleaning and reconnecting all plugs on the controller.

Measure the voltage between the white and black wire on J4 (labeled as C4 on Alltrax schematics). Ought to be 10V with pedal up and 6V with pedal down.

Errors indicate the voltage is <6V with pedal in either position.

Note: Laptop powers up the XCT via the 5V fed to it by the USB connection. Only the logic circuits are active.
Will try. Also note I should have said the cart is just sitting. Nothing moving and I'm not hitting the gas pedal. Not sure if that changes things.
chvybeatsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2020, 12:24 PM   #5
chvybeatsford
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Gonzales,LA
Posts: 89
Default Re: 04 PDS won't power on altrax 4800

Johnny B bout to go test from black and white. Im assuming cart must be on to do that. As of now still no power. I removed the controller completely and cleaned all terminals.

1. Would the low voltage or irregular from pedal stop controller from powering on?

2. Can i bypass key switch by connecting the white and white/yellow on switch?

3. I also dont here solenoid click ,but again controller has no power? But does solenoid power controller ?

4. I think the key switch is working as per the software it says key on and if i turn key off and hit test fan it says KS must be on.

5. I check cont between white and black on charger to the interlock. it has cont from the red/wht on both white and black from charging port. Should it?

Last edited by chvybeatsford; 03-27-2020 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Added question 5
chvybeatsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2020, 03:13 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 16,498
Default Re: 04 PDS won't power on altrax 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvybeatsford View Post
Johnny B bout to go test from black and white. Im assuming cart must be on to do that. As of now still no power. I removed the controller completely and cleaned all terminals.

1. Would the low voltage or irregular from pedal stop controller from powering on?

2. Can i bypass key switch by connecting the white and white/yellow on switch?

3. I also dont here solenoid click ,but again controller has no power? But does solenoid power controller ?

4. I think the key switch is working as per the software it says key on and if i turn key off and hit test fan it says KS must be on.

5. I check cont between white and black on charger to the interlock. it has cont from the red/wht on both white and black from charging port. Should it?
1. No. All that is needed to power up an XCT48x00-PDS is the charger disconnected from cart, Run/Tow in Run and Keyswitch ON. (With a stock PDS controller, you also had to have a direction selected on the F/R switch, but Alltrax altered the voltage path to the solenoid coil when they designed the XCT)

2. Yes, but monitor screen shows keyswitch to be working.

3. The controller powers the solenoid coil. Solenoid is not part of the XCT power up circuit.

4. Key switch appears to b working.

5. When I was teaching troubleshooting, I would crucify any of my students that used an Ohmmeter or continuity meter instead of a voltmeter. Unless the component being tested is completely isolated electrically, Ohmmeters and continuity meters will tell you more lies than a politician will.


------------------
With cart ready to drive except for pedal being pushed, what are the voltages on all 10 pins of J1 (Called C1 on Alltrax schematics.) Voltmeter's black (negative) test lead on XCT's B- terminal.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #7
chvybeatsford
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Gonzales,LA
Posts: 89
Default Re: 04 PDS won't power on altrax 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
1. No. All that is needed to power up an XCT48x00-PDS is the charger disconnected from cart, Run/Tow in Run and Keyswitch ON. (With a stock PDS controller, you also had to have a direction selected on the F/R switch, but Alltrax altered the voltage path to the solenoid coil when they designed the XCT)

2. Yes, but monitor screen shows keyswitch to be working.

3. The controller powers the solenoid coil. Solenoid is not part of the XCT power up circuit.

4. Key switch appears to b working.

5. When I was teaching troubleshooting, I would crucify any of my students that used an Ohmmeter or continuity meter instead of a voltmeter. Unless the component being tested is completely isolated electrically, Ohmmeters and continuity meters will tell you more lies than a politician will.


------------------
With cart ready to drive except for pedal being pushed, what are the voltages on all 10 pins of J1 (Called C1 on Alltrax schematics.) Voltmeter's black (negative) test lead on XCT's B- terminal.

SO here are the readings on J1 without PC powering control( no green light on.)

10- 40.2
9-50.1
8-50.1
7-50.1
6-50.1
5-50.1
4-50.1
3-50.1
2-0.0
1-50.1

with power to controller via pc
10= 43.8
all the rest the same

Testing J4 with power on i get nothing with plug installed and when i pull plug from controller i get nothing..

Im not even sure as of now. would the controller be sending to J4 or is it the other way. Was going of a previous post u were telling him to check white and black from j4 to ese if ITS was working right. I do have that grey wire loom holding it together. was gonna replace all wires. can i check at the switch . I have the floor board up and cleaned it all real good at switch?
chvybeatsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2020, 07:15 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild
 
kgsc's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 7,702
Default Re: 04 PDS won't power on altrax 4800

JB is the expert here but 2 is reverse so 0 makes sense. 10 and 6 are the negatives for the reverse buzzer and solenoid so those numbers look okay. Both would go to 0 I believe if they’re operating. J4 is pedal plug correct? White black red green? Red and green are a switch and white black is ITS throttle. Plugged in and pedal pressed does the foot pedal switch show up in the monitor page ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2020, 08:02 PM   #9
chvybeatsford
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Gonzales,LA
Posts: 89
Default Re: 04 PDS won't power on altrax 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
JB is the expert here but 2 is reverse so 0 makes sense. 10 and 6 are the negatives for the reverse buzzer and solenoid so those numbers look okay. Both would go to 0 I believe if they’re operating. J4 is pedal plug correct? White black red green? Red and green are a switch and white black is ITS throttle. Plugged in and pedal pressed does the foot pedal switch show up in the monitor page ?

Yes. J4 is pedal. Problem with monitor is showing 100% throttle and those error. Please see pic on first post.

Been I. Email with alltrax and did reset auto Cal and checked that it's on ezgo ITS. That didn't change anything.

So far still have no power light on controller without laptop on. Not even error flashes. Nothing. Like it's not getting power.
chvybeatsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2020, 08:22 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild
 
kgsc's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 7,702
Default Re: 04 PDS won't power on altrax 4800

I don’t know if the run tow plug will have power or not but the 10 pin plug has all the correct voltage. Have you checked the run tow switch for continuity? Should be 2 pairs.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Jacobsen Hauler 4800 Gas EZGO
2007 Jacobsen Hauler 4800 Golf Carts and Parts
Jacobsen hauler 4800 Gas golf carts
Delta Q charger 4800 912 Columbia ParCar
Delta Q 912-4800 Charger Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.