lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #31
Venteuri
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Allied Lithium batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlPack View Post
sorry if i missed it.....are you using their lithium charger? stock motor?

thanks for the feedback ...i too am thinking about the 80ah.
I have the std motor, but the controller XT400. 14”tires.

Note: I bought the charger, but it didn’t arrived. I asked if I can use the std. acid charger and this is the response.

“If you must use the Lead Acid Charger just charge it for a few hours and unplug. Sometimes they stay on and can damage batteries, new charger is on the way.”
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #32
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Are these still holding up for everyone?
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:37 PM   #33
Venteuri
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlPack View Post
Are these still holding up for everyone?
Fine with me.

Note. From what I’ve read, only consider 80Ah or above.
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:56 PM   #34
a65l
Not Yet Wild

So I joined the Allied club today. Nothing to report, as I've only just gotten them installed and a full charge in for the first time. Will have more comments down the road as I gain experience.

BTW, I bought the 60ah version, should be sufficient for my needs, but time will tell.. I gotta say, though, that they sure are light.
a65l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:18 PM   #35
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by a65l View Post
So I joined the Allied club today. Nothing to report, as I've only just gotten them installed and a full charge in for the first time. Will have more comments down the road as I gain experience.

BTW, I bought the 60ah version, should be sufficient for my needs, but time will tell.. I gotta say, though, that they sure are light.
What cart model?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:22 PM   #36
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venteuri View Post
I have the std motor, but the controller XT400. 14”tires.

Note: I bought the charger, but it didn’t arrived. I asked if I can use the std. acid charger and this is the response.

“If you must use the Lead Acid Charger just charge it for a few hours and unplug. Sometimes they stay on and can damage batteries, new charger is on the way.”
Since each individual battery can "shut off" (opening the circuit), causing the charger to think it was unplugged, I dont necessarily agree. I have talked with the owner in person & discussed my concerns for certain applications (like rxv, where abruptly "taking away power" could have very disastrous results in hardware & human life). The first person who flips their rxv due to the batteries abruptly shutting off (causing brake to immediately lock) will own that company, assuming the cart user survives.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #37
a65l
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What cart model?

EXGO TXT series. Older one... forget what year exactaly. Has the 3 blade ESC, not 4.
a65l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:02 PM   #38
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Since each individual battery can "shut off" (opening the circuit), causing the charger to think it was unplugged, I dont necessarily agree. I have talked with the owner in person & discussed my concerns for certain applications (like rxv, where abruptly "taking away power" could have very disastrous results in hardware & human life). The first person who flips their rxv due to the batteries abruptly shutting off (causing brake to immediately lock) will own that company, assuming the cart user survives.
Also, I talked with a dealer the other day. He said since each pack has its own bms their have been a lot of problems balancing the packs and getting correct voltages. Said they were having to charge each battery individually to get pack balanced. I assume this would lead to similar problems.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #39
miketamaclark@cox.net
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Never fall in love with a deal. I wanted lithium conversion experience and promised performance. I loved the quickness but hated the mileage. I needed 25 miles per charge occasionally, or 71%-83% of advertised. I only got 18.7 (golfing) to 20.8 (just driving the course) miles per charge (to dead) vs. 30-35 advertised; not really close IMO. I asked for a warranty claim. Allied stated the batteries (60 Amp Hours) were performing as designed and mileage can vary. This was a 2018 CC Onward on our golf course is in the river bottoms of AR River in Tulsa. At ~3x the cost of Trojan, without the miles delivered, end up being woefully disappointing purchase. If mileage and costs are not priorities then they are really nice batteries.
miketamaclark@cox.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:28 PM   #40
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketamaclark@cox.net View Post
Never fall in love with a deal. I wanted lithium conversion experience and promised performance. I loved the quickness but hated the mileage. I needed 25 miles per charge occasionally, or 71%-83% of advertised. I only got 18.7 (golfing) to 20.8 (just driving the course) miles per charge (to dead) vs. 30-35 advertised; not really close IMO. I asked for a warranty claim. Allied stated the batteries (60 Amp Hours) were performing as designed and mileage can vary. This was a 2018 CC Onward on our golf course is in the river bottoms of AR River in Tulsa. At ~3x the cost of Trojan, without the miles delivered, end up being woefully disappointing purchase. If mileage and costs are not priorities then they are really nice batteries.
That sucks.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO