lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #1
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Question 2011 RXV Not Quite Right After Leaf Conversion

After 2 fairly short test drives in my newly converted RXV, I have come to the conclusion that something is amiss. The top speed that I have attained is 16mph with just me in the cart and 14 with me and my wife. I also noticed that the Regen brakes don’t stop the cart as well on flat ground. That may be weight.
I determined that my cheap coulomb meter is about 30% low compared to the BMS when charging. So I assume it is probably also 30% off on the discharge also. That being said, taking off uphill from a dead stop I saw 185a on the meter which was really more like 250a and coasting down the same hill I saw 45a on the Regen which would be about 60a. So, I expected to have a little more speed with the Leaf pack. However, since the Danaher controller is set to fleet mode would that be the reason I didn’t get the speed increase I expected?
I don’t necessarily care that it doesn’t go faster, but would like to know that it is not something that I should be concerned about.
I have 215/15 x 12 tires and changed all wiring on the battery (2ga on the discharge side)and charging system(10ga), but nothing on the control side of the solenoid.
Would like your opinions!
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2020, 07:16 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 RXV Not Quite Right After Leaf Conversion

Was that the same speed as before? Odd that it dropped that much with just one passenger.

Is the pack holding the voltage better than the lead acid batteries? So on that hill a fully charged LA pack would drop a fair amount, the lithium should drop a lot less. Guessing: If lead acid dropped 7v the lithium may drop 3v. If the battery pack is acting normally then there's nothing to worry about with the battery.

Also, after the run you do with the wife is there anything warm? cables? Buss Bars?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:52 AM   #3
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Nothing is loose or warm. Cables are new. Voltage drop was less than 3 on the steepest hill take off. Just slower than I thought it would be. However, it is an RXV, so motor rpm is the limiting factor according to cgtech. I also think I may have let too much air out of the tires to soften the ride, which would also slow it down a little. It has a Danaher controller, so I will have to live with it or upgrade the Controller.
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:11 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

CG knows his stuff. Hopefully he can help you out with that controller.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:09 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The rxv doesnt necessarily gain speed by upping battery voltage, or reducing weight. It's set to a predetermined "max rpm", which it will try to meet, regardless of weight or voltage.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
current, leaf, lithium, regen, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO