lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2020, 06:46 PM   #1
Dagoboy1976
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Clutch selection help

Have a Workhorse that I've been working on (seems like forever) and am at the point of purchasing a clutch and belt. Like I said Workhorse with a Briggs 16 hp., High rev kit, heads milled a touch, and governor delete. What do you guys recommend. CPP or Vegas and why. Same for the belt. And if any other Workhorser's are so inclined did you guys go with the extended shift cables from Vegas or did you do something different. Don't like the stock cables l, they looked stretched. Thanks folks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Dagoboy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2020, 07:02 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: Clutch selection help

Go with a 780 Comet. Doesn't matter where you get it from. Vegas carts or CPP. It's tuned and ready to bolt on right out of the box. Works real good on the Vanguards. Smooth engagement.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:10 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Another option is the beefier CVtech06 from Vegascarts. Same price as the 780 but a 7.25 diameter for more top end and rated for more HP than the 780
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:01 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Another option is the beefier CVtech06 from Vegascarts. Same price as the 780 but a 7.25 diameter for more top end and rated for more HP than the 780
Both the 780 and 06 spec out at 7.25" don't they? The 06 is supposed to be beefier, i agree, and rated for up to 40hp, but I've never used one. I've used the 780 on several builds, good clutch, never had an issue, works very well.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:14 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The 780 specs out @ 7"s. I have a 780 also and like it too. BUT Vegascarts sells both and prefers the CV tech on the larger displacement engines. IF I were going to do a V twin and had the space for it I would certainly opt for the beefier unit.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:14 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Just to note:

CPP, BMI Karts, and OEM Off Highway all state on their website that the 780 is 7.25". Actually OEM says 7.22". I've never measured mine though. Some sites say 780 is good to 20 hp, some say 30 hp. I have mine on a 23hp Vanguard and it performs perfectly.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!