lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
docksman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Tapered clutch adapter

I'm about to cut my crank shaft and here is my question. HOW MUCH? I did a dry fit of the tapered portion and it sticks out of the ez go clutch by 5/16 of an inch, when the clutch is actually bolted to crank does the adapter sit flushly inside the clutch? I am using a HF 420 motor and I want to get the clutch as close to case as possible. Do I use the spacer?? Thanks in advance.
docksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Tapered clutch adapter

In my G9 the carb hits the rear shock mount if you don't move the engine way over, also the gas tank hits the recoil. I did not use the spacer I cut the crank just over an inch from the shoulder on the crank....the adapter slides up to the shoulder....the shoulder on mine is roughly half inch from the crank bearing. It also depends on the clutch you use some back space mine did not. The stock yamaha clutch the taper sticks out past the gen pulley, the stock engine the taper is just about ending at the crank bearing. I now have an ezgo clutch the taper is inside the pulley roughly half inch or something, that will move the clutch closer to the engine.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
docksman001
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tapered clutch adapter

So Sho what you're saying is when I torque the clutch down, it will recess into the clutch close to 1/2 inch? Good info to know before I cut. Again ez go clutch
docksman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps