lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
RustyBucket
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default '03 EZ-GO/18hp. Vanguard

Kinda ruff n ready but it's pretty useful around the yard. Has an 18hp. Vanguard from a carpet cleaning pump. Bought the mount, pipe, muffler, belt, Comet 780 and replaced driven clutch... all from CPP. Rattle can paint job. It pulls heavy stuff around pretty good...... even my fat a$$. Have a tiny tach and I don't turn the engine over 4,000...... shows 22mph on the GPS. No govenor, hafta use self control. Home made throttle linkage works good. I've run it about 35hrs. according to the tiny tach. I have a top, back seat and that back step tailboard thing for it. Recently I'm getting a clattering/dinging noise from one of the clutches I hafta see about. Hope it's not an expensive noise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZGO.jpg (39.9 KB, 16 views)
RustyBucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
FOOL4RACING
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: '03 EZ-GO/18hp. Vanguard

My 780 Clutch Makes A Ton Of Nosie I Pulled Mine Off And Ran Motor Just To Make Sure Where Noise Was Coming From Clutch Has Always Worked Great Just Noisey. I HAVE 2 YEARS ON MINE. SWITCHED TO 1190 I HAVE MORE POWER NOW
FOOL4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
RustyBucket
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

mine seems to be getting noisier, hear it most idling. It "hooks up" real positively..... a little hard to make a smooth start, but my accelerator pedal is kinda touchy. I've got to jack up the back and watch it while it's idling... see if something's loose or bent.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
gofastr1
Getting Wild

Comet Is Out Of Business Now So Good Luck Finding Parts
gofastr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
RustyBucket
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ran the cart yesterday up on the lift. Sounds like the dinging noise is from the muffler, like maybe maybe a baffle has broken loose inside of it. It's the rectangular muffler from CPP. Is there another choice of a muffler that will work with the 2 into 1 pipe from CPP. Quieter is better for me ....... without killing the performance.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!