lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #1
Aquaman95
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car DS - My First Build -

Picked up this 2004 Remanufactured DS the other day. It was remanufactured in 2004 by Club Car. Unsure of the original year but it is a 48v Series Car. The seller told me he thought it had a High Speed motor in it and it would do 25. After recharging and watering the batteries and inflating the tires I was able to get 22 on flat ground so maybe not too far off. I'm a little heavier than the seller.

Haven't identified the motor yet but I did figure out tonight while starting to strip the cart that it must be a factory 4 seater since the front and back seats are connected permanently. Didn't expect that. Also found it odd that it doesn't have HD suspension...at least I assume not, only one leaf?

Anybody need some ugly striped seats and baby buggy enclosure? I have some on the floor of my garage...

The plan is to make this into a respectable looking LSV over the next couple of months and use it as a local cruiser in our little beach town. And a surf fishing machine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160106_163832.jpg (211.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160106_164032.jpg (210.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160106_163843.jpg (204.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160106_164101.jpg (204.5 KB, 0 views)
Aquaman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #2
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Club Car DS - My First Build -

I would be interested in buying the roll down enclosure and golf club cover for the back.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #3
Aquaman95
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
I would be interested in buying the roll down enclosure and golf club cover for the back.
Sounds great. I'd love to get it out of the garage. I have all parts but you would need new snaps for the frame and body.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:08 PM   #4
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

that would be fine. I know they have them at my local boat dealer. I will send you a Private message.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:32 PM   #5
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Subscribed for the buildand nay on the seats:)
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:38 PM   #6
Aquaman95
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So it turns out the front and rear seats are not connected, I just couldn't see the different bracket parts under the rear seat belts. Got it broken don further this afternoon. Took it for a quick ride after all the extra stuff was off and speeds about the same. Tow questions:

Can anyone identify the motor?

What are the body panels of the Club Cars made of? I had assumed fiberglass but they look more like polyethylene or polypropylene. I have lots of little holes to fill from the snaps and it sure would be nice if I could use a plastic welder to fill them...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160109_181222.jpg (230.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160109_154658.jpg (238.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-10-2016, 01:51 AM   #7
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

There are discussions in body and paint section about filling holes. I would epoxy some fiberglass on the back side, then bondo in front and then glaze to fill the minor imperfections. There are much smarter folks in section mentioned.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #8
Aquaman95
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Got it torn down some more and got the pin striping peeled off the body and got all the snaps out of the body from the rain enclosure. Plan to paint with PlastiDip after I fill the holes.

Looks like I'm going to have to do some work on the battery box and there are no hold downs currently in place.

Trying to figure out the light kit wiring...there are no wires running to the batteries other than the main connection, charger connection, and voltmeter. The light and horn kit seems to get power from a little box (see pic) in front of the battery. Is this possibly a converter? Doesn't look like any of the ones I've seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160110_153911.jpg (237.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160110_152830.jpg (246.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160110_152859.jpg (288.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160110_152850.jpg (237.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #9
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

That looks like a factory light kit. The small black box is the fuse box for the lights. Look on the inside of the driver's side frame rail in the battery area. There should be a rectangular box with a wire on each end of it. This would be the reducer
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:44 PM   #10
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You can see the reducer in the last photo. It is a 16-12 volt reducer. You should find a wire from one of the batteries that go to the lights. Those reducers usually use the 5 th battery pos and the 6 th neg. the reducer is the neg side of your power source. They may have hook it different.

Looking again I see the red wire on number five battery for pos light wire. The neg is the neg strip on the body in front of the v glide. The other end of the reducer looks like it hooks to the main neg at the controller.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides