lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Help with PDS Key Plate

Have searched all over looking for a new key plate for my 03 EZGO PDS. Ordered one from EZGO and the way it's made it wont fit in the aftermarket dash. It's a flat piece of metal with two tabs on top that slide behind the factory dash and then rivots hold the bottom on. The tabs wont slide behind the aftermarket dash because it's too thick. Replacing the old one because when the people I bought it from installed it they bent the tabs down and just used superglue. Trying to finally get that cleaned up since I've finished with everything else for now.
Chisoxguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Help with PDS Key Plate

Isn't the switchplate installed BEFORE the aftermarket dash is OVERLAYED onto the original dash?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
kc4wd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Isn't the switchplate installed BEFORE the aftermarket dash is OVERLAYED onto the original dash?
Not on all of them. Mine fits in the new dash as well.

To fix your problem........file the slot for the key plate deeper untill the plate fits. I had the same problem with mine.
kc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I'm always learning stuff here!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc4wd View Post
Not on all of them. Mine fits in the new dash as well.

To fix your problem........file the slot for the key plate deeper untill the plate fits. I had the same problem with mine.
That's what I figured I'd have to do. Didn't know if there was one that was modified to fit. Went from 85 last weekend to 40 and rainy this weekend so wasn't in the mood to mess with it.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Help with PDS Key Plate

I take the dash over lay off when I have to do this. Only 3 screws holding the ones on I have worked on.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I take the dash over lay off when I have to do this. Only 3 screws holding the ones on I have worked on.
Oh yes I am going to take it off. Need to use some steel wool to clean it up around where the old plate was superglued on and then add a fresh coat of paint anyway. When I painted it I didn't know how it would look or hold up, but I am very pleased. Should have taken care of the key plate last year when I painted it the first time though. It was wood grain color before.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Does anyone know where to get the decal for the PDS plate. Can't find that anywhere. I have found the one with just the key hole so figure I can get that one and just cut out for the F/R switch. Just hate to spend 5-6 bucks for the decal and the cheapest I've seen is $9 for shipping for something the size of a credit card. Think I'll wait till I need to order something else too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO