lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
hanny
Getting Wild

Default alltrax 500 #4 cables software upgrade 34MPH

i have a 2008 precedent, iq
Today i got the alltrax DCX500. I put in 6:1 first and of course lost all the low end tourque so i called eric at D & D and he said the best option was to get the DCX500 (very cool of him to be honest and not try and sell me a motor, Top notch individual) and to upgrade to #4 wiring thru out.

I installed the controller today (simple plug and play) and the wiring upgrade and because the MCOR is kinda tuff to settup and i have a weird gearing so i called alltrax and they sent me a couple of flash memory changes. All is good now and he low end tourque is awesome along with running 34 MPH!!!!!!!

alltrax software is pretty cool to mess with and watch all the inputs like amps, throttle %, controller temperature, etcccc.

side note: i could be nuts but now the software shows 485 amps, I assume thats because I upgraded to #4 wiring thru out????? i ran the cart before upgrading the stock wire and it showed only 300???. Cart safe, paul

throttle curve that seems to work well for my settup

#4 wiring upgraded, i tried to do a decent job of routing and cleaning the wiring up but man there are alot of wires,lol

I also put in a 48 to 12 convertor, can see it in the middle front of this pic
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: alltrax 500 #4 cables software upgrade 34MPH

. . . looks good . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you still use a stock motor and solenoid?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
hanny
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Do you still use a stock motor and solenoid?
stock motor and solenoid. i am going to go to 2 awg wire (parts on ebay lugs and wire to make a set are around 20$) and upgrade the solenoid for giggles.

the cart went 33 "before" alltrax controller but had zero take off tourque of course. the alltrax dcx 500 fixed that and adding the 4# wire allowed more amps. totally happy with all speed ranges and tourque
Old 06-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanny View Post
...had zero take off tourque of course. the alltrax dcx 500 fixed that ...
Would you say that the Alltrax 500 brought your standing-start acceleration back to where it was, before the 6:1 swap? Or is it a little bit better, or worse?

Thinking pretty seriously about an 8:1 swap, myself. Don't need to go 34-36mph, but 30 would be nice....
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
hanny
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by delagem View Post
Would you say that the Alltrax 500 brought your standing-start acceleration back to where it was, before the 6:1 swap? Or is it a little bit better, or worse?

Thinking pretty seriously about an 8:1 swap, myself. Don't need to go 34-36mph, but 30 would be nice....
a little better for sure with a little alltrax programming change its even better/stronger off the line.
Here's how i guess it worked. 12:1 to 6:1 and the stock controller allowed only 250-275ish and the alltrax allowing 500 amps. I would say with the 8:1 and the alltrax you will be in great shape.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
hanny
Getting Wild

redo
Old 06-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #8
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

WOW I didn't know that the controller made that BIG of a difference by itself. I thought the motor did and then get a controller. That's AWESOME!!
I saw you're other post that answered a couple of my questions, but where did you get the gears from and if someone wanted to stay with more low and some higher upper would you recommend the 8:1?
Well, just when I thought I was done spending money on the cart.

Last edited by zx104u2nv; 06-15-2012 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Updated
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
hanny
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx104u2nv View Post
WOW I didn't know that the controller made that BIG of a difference by itself. I thought the motor did and then get a controller. That's AWESOME!!
I saw you're other post that answered a couple of my questions, but where did you get the gears from and if someone wanted to stay with more low and some higher upper would you recommend the 8:1?
Well, just when I thought I was done spending money on the cart.
stock controller and 6 awg cables only allow 275 amps or so from my experience so the alltrax dcx500 allowing close to 500 amps (you need at least 4awg wire to) is a huge difference, almost double of course.

I dont know much about the 8:1 but if i had to do it again i would do the "8:1 gears, the dcx500 alltrax controller and get 2 awg wire thru out" bet that combination would give you more top speed 28-30 i would think and a gain in take off tourque as well.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

**COOL** to hear there is another who went the 6:1 route, the difference with the right set up is great, I got my 255R50/10 tires this week, with 20550R/10 I am running 39-41mph (1 mile run). I am running an overly modified 36V motor on my 48V system, this change is what brought my speed up to where it is at now, prior to I was running 32-34mph. The tire change won’t increase speed too much maybe (1.5 to 2.5mph increase), but it will “fill out” the wheel well and provide a little softer ride. Got my gears from CARTS PLUS…
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car