lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2009, 04:20 AM   #1
rtc1184
Not Yet Wild

Default GSXR 1000 motor

i purchased a 06 gsxr 1000 motor to put in a golf cart to make street legal. i know alot about bike motors and am pretty mechanically inclined. i was wondering what would be a good cart to put it in and about how to do some things. i have searched and read on some bike motors in carts. i want to run like a set of 14" wheels on some 25-28" street tires. so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. like carts, wheels, axles, and such. i would like a low cost cart cause it will be tore down and rebuilt. i live in tyler texas and once again any help would be appreciated.
rtc1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: GSXR 1000 motor

GSXR 1000 motor in a cart,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, That's only a modest 140 horsepower engine you know. Put the Samaritans on speed dial.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

for the cart you could always try craigslist. I would get the newest cart you can afford because the parts availability would be improved versus older carts.

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
rtc1184
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
GSXR 1000 motor in a cart,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, That's only a modest 140 horsepower engine you know. Put the Samaritans on speed dial.

Chris.
yea the motor is putting out 186rwhp on my bike right now. it has a cam, full titanium race exhaust, and bmc hi flow filter with a power commander usb III

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellys~hotrods View Post
for the cart you could always try craigslist. I would get the newest cart you can afford because the parts availability would be improved versus older carts.

Kelly
just the newer carts are sooo freaking exspensive! like 2-3k easy for like 2003 or newer when i am going to be tearing alot of it down. it will be a whole different buggy when its all done. custom paint, roll cage, lights, radio, doors, windshield.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
rtc1184
Not Yet Wild

also if anyone has put a bike motor in a cart and figured out a reverse that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #6
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtc1184 View Post
also if anyone has put a bike motor in a cart and figured out a reverse that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
i have never done it but exp. with bikes tells my honda goldwings and alot of the other "big" bikes havae a rev. gear, maybe try swap trans with one of them if possible?? just a idea
Powersmokein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:43 AM   #7
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtc1184 View Post
Hmm. Not likely, but i guess anything is possible. Some quad motor/transmissions have reverse. I have friends with them. I keep telling them they can't win any races in reverse!

Just for reference (and I have no affiliation with any of these) here are a couple of results from my local craigslist. I simply entered "golf cart" in the for sale section and these were in the top 5:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1500132205.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/1499392540.html

I hope it is ok to post these as examples of what I found, I know some forums are touchy about posting "for sale" items. If it's not ok, let me know and I will edit the post

My point is that there are deals out there, just look in the right places.

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:54 AM   #8
rtc1184
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersmokein View Post
i have never done it but exp. with bikes tells my honda goldwings and alot of the other "big" bikes havae a rev. gear, maybe try swap trans with one of them if possible?? just a idea
that is too bulky and heavy of a motor, with not the right amount of hp. thanks for the thought tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellys~hotrods View Post
Hmm. Not likely, but i guess anything is possible. Some quad motor/transmissions have reverse. I have friends with them. I keep telling them they can't win any races in reverse!

Just for reference (and I have no affiliation with any of these) here are a couple of results from my local craigslist. I simply entered "golf cart" in the for sale section and these were in the top 5:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1500132205.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/1499392540.html

I hope it is ok to post these as examples of what I found, I know some forums are touchy about posting "for sale" items. If it's not ok, let me know and I will edit the post

My point is that there are deals out there, just look in the right places.

Kelly
i live in texas and there wasnt any deals, ill look again, thanks.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:57 AM   #9
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

u cant interchange the goldwing trans witht eh gixxer motor?? what about a quad trans with your gixxer motor???
Powersmokein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:59 AM   #10
rtc1184
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersmokein View Post
u cant interchange the goldwing trans witht eh gixxer motor?? what about a quad trans with your gixxer motor???
highly doubtful since it is an internal trans.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center