lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
rlbyrd68
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help finding info on my 1980 Harley Davisdon 4 wheeler Classic edition

Hi there,
I purchased this cart about 6 months ago and haven't had any luck finding out about the cart locally so I figured the web would be the best place to go. It has alot more features than I would have expected for a 1980 cart. Tan colored with a fringed top, cigar lighter, headlights, gas guage, clock in the dash, glove box, stereo, etc. I wanted to find a stereo that would be the best match to the original (thats the only thing missing). I wonder how many were made? What is it's value? Where would a person look to find these things out?
Thanks for looking
rlbyrd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
smkummer
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Need help finding info on my 1980 Harley Davisdon 4 wheeler Classic edition

Gee, we would really like to pics of that machine. In 1980 Harley introduced the FLT tour glide motorcycle and offered as extras was a stereo. Maybe they were the same parts?
smkummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
rlbyrd68
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help finding info on my 1980 Harley Davisdon 4 wheeler Classic edition

golf cart.jpg
here it is...
Old 07-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
rlbyrd68
Not Yet Wild

I'll have to try and get some better pics of the dash tomorrow where you can see the stereo goes.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
smkummer
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Do a Google search

I did a google search and found a black 1980 classic edition like yours. He posted about 30 some pics of it and it shows the stereo/with cassette. Although it may not be authentic.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
rlbyrd68
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, I saw that cart too, its hard for me to believe what he says about the value of this particular cart though. I think keeping the cart as original as possible would be best, we want an authentic stereo. But I did look up the 1980 Harley you mentioned and I was pleased to see that it resembles our cart, colors and all. I bet their stereos do interchange. Thanks so much for your help.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #7
smkummer
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

OK, now there are 2 of us. As for value, I paid $2500 for mine. Its worth that to me. I would believe to the right person, it would be worth a whole lot more.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #8
crash test dummy

idea ?

Old 06-04-2016, 12:52 PM   #9
crash test dummy

found a late 70's Harley radio
Vintage Harley Davidson Am FM 8 Track Radio
Old 06-04-2016, 01:45 PM   #10
smkummer
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

The above radio package was a factory option for a FLH about 1980.. I am guessing the paint color code was the same. I believe it is cassette rather than 8 track though. I was hoping one of the gauges was a clock but I don't see a set knob. Probably oil pressure and voltage. The original post is from almost 5 years ago and I PMed him so hopefully he is still around. Thanks for posting it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson