lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
bohuntr9
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Newbie help with upgrade problem

First off let me start by saying this in an awsome site for info. Last fall I bought a 2000 EZ Go 36V to set it up as a hunting buggie. Here is a list of everything that I have done to the cart.

D&D High Tourque motor
500 amp Alltrax controller
HD 500amp solonoid
HD F&R Switch
4GA cables
6" lift
HD springs front and rear
HD coil over shocks
22" ITP mud light tires

Here are a couple problems that I have.
1)Have everything wired correctly according to the diagram that was sent with the motor and controller. My Fwd and rev is switched. Tried switching the wires but it dosnt do anything.
2)As long as the batteries are fully charged I can notice that it has alot more tourque over stock. When my digital battery indicator drops down 2 or 3 bars to 3/4 the tourque drops considerably and the cart gets weaker. The batteries are keeping a good charge.

This site helped me tremendously in determining everything that I wanted to do to the cart. There are a ton of knowledgable guys on this site. I think that I have everything I need for an awsome high tourque cart. Just not 100% sure whats going on with it. Oh yeah......previous owner said he bought the batteries new in 09'. Water level is good on all batteries. They are Trojan 105. Thanks in advance for the help and info.
bohuntr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie help with upgrade problem

Check the pack voltage when the bar graph meter drops 2 or 3 bars. My guess is you will find the batteries are drawn down further than you would like to see them ideally which is why your torque drops off.
And if this is happening rather quickly I suspect weak batteries. Remember a monster torque motor can pull a lot of amperage through a 500amp control ...

I know you're gonna tell me the batteries are only x old and belonged to a little old lady But hook a Digital meter to the pack and tell me what kind of readings you get climbing hills.... better yet grab one of the digital meters on sale this week at cartsunlimited.net and use it as a in dash load tester and charge meter.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
bohuntr9
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll get those readings for u tomorrow. Any idea what's going on with the forward and reverse being backward. Tried switching the wires on the motor (s1/s2)....it fixed the problem but my reverse was a lot stronger and faster than forward.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
bohuntr9
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Checked the batteries and found that I had a weak battery. Replaced all 6 with Trojan 125..... Runs like a champ now. Thx
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO