lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
scott32
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 controller problem

ok. finally have run this down to the supply voltage out of the controller to the potentiometer. This is the #2 green wire that runs to the micro switch for forward and reverse. the pot checked good so i was told i should have 8 volts output of the yellow wire to the controller but i was only gettin 4 volts and so i ran a test wire from 1 of the 8 volt batteries to the micro switch and it is running fine. but the problem is this bypasses the thermal overload on the controller and also does not cut the voltage to the pot off. so i removed the jumper and now if someone can verify the outputs i mentioned i guess i will be looking for a controller. will someone verify this for me.

the #1 wire supplies the 50 volts from the coil to the controller
the #2 supplies the voltage to the microswitch that supplies the pot
the #3 is the output from the pot to the controller.

is number #2 8 volts and the #3 0 or 1-8 when the pedal is pushed from stop to wide open.????

if this is true does someone have a used curtis 412 48V 300amp or one that would work they would sale or know where to get a good deal on onw.\

thanks scott
scott32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car