lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2019, 08:54 PM   #21
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium conversion basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybird View Post
As far as I know..
Those modules need a certain amount of compression
I know Chevy Volt modules require compression and both leaf and volt modules are "pouch modules", so what Izzy says may be a critical point.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2019, 11:01 PM   #22
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketo View Post
Is that for 14s ?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:36 PM   #23
cricketo
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous View Post
Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you're charging too high and cutting off too early.
cricketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #24
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

This is what it looked like before I tightened it down and put on the bus bars. You can see how odd it looks with it stacked for the series setup. Even though you can't see it, there are spacers between each of the leafs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0515191327.jpg (151.4 KB, 0 views)
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #25
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
This is what it looked like before I tightened it down and put on the bus bars. You can see how odd it looks with it stacked for the series setup. Even though you can't see it, there are spacers between each of the leafs.
You’re not achieving the type of compression they would experience if they were correctly oriented, I would put them the way they are supposed to be if the supplier will not work with you on a exchange.
EDIT
Wait a minute.. It’s hard for me to keep it straight looking at your pic, but it appears your modules are correct and you just need to reorient them.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #26
cricketo
Getting Wild

Quote:
Wait a minute.. It’s hard for me to keep it straight looking at your pic, but it appears your modules are correct and you just need to reorient them.
The problem is gen1 modules have a geometry of a can of sardines - flat on one side, and with protruding edge on the other. If you only have one type of modules and are trying to do a series connection, then you end up with that protruding edge against another protruding edge and nothing underneath.

The way I would solve this problem is... epoxy. Lay the the modules on a level surface, plug in bolt holes and those cuts in the edges, and fill with epoxy all the way to the edge. Epoxy is rigid, non-flammable, thermally stable, and this approach eliminates the need for complicated custom spacers.

And for the reference, correct combination of modules :

Incorrect combination of modules :

cricketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #27
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketo View Post
The problem is gen1 modules have a geometry of a can of sardines - flat on one side, and with protruding edge on the other. If you only have one type of modules and are trying to do a series connection, then you end up with that protruding edge against another protruding edge and nothing underneath.

The way I would solve this problem is... epoxy. Lay the the modules on a level surface, plug in bolt holes and those cuts in the edges, and fill with epoxy all the way to the edge. Epoxy is rigid, non-flammable, thermally stable, and this approach eliminates the need for complicated custom spacers.
Either the neighbors bong hits are getting to me or he just has them in the wrong order.
Do it like Dave MDLNB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4E57AD5C-0373-4B86-A773-EC090ED3CF3A.jpg (96.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #28
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
You’re not achieving the type of compression they would experience if they were correctly oriented, I would put them the way they are supposed to be if the supplier will not work with you on a exchange.
EDIT
It I "reorient" them, I end up with them set up in parallel. The way I have them now, I have the bus bars fitting properly. I have the nuts on the rods and tightened now. The mods are snug and tight, with the spacers in between each, even though the ones with the seams do not show because the seam edges meet.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:15 PM   #29
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
It I "reorient" them, I end up with them set up in parallel. The way I have them now, I have the bus bars fitting properly. I have the nuts on the rods and tightened now. The mods are snug and tight, with the spacers in between each, even though the ones with the seams do not show because the seam edges meet.
Looking at your pic..
Take the top one and start with it. Take the bottom one and place it on top of what used to be the top one. Keep going that way. If I’m seeing this wrong, I apologize.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:11 AM   #30
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Looking at your pic..
Take the top one and start with it. Take the bottom one and place it on top of what used to be the top one. Keep going that way. If I’m seeing this wrong, I apologize.
Duhh! What in the world is wrong with me? I kept looking at it and looking at it, and thought you all were crazy, until 5am this morning. Old age is really hitting me hard, if I couldn't see that. I used to be able to walk through a field of clover and reach down and pick up four leaf, five leaf and six leaf at a glance. Drove my wife and daughters crazy how I could just walk along, reaching down and picking them up. Now, I missed this simple little configuration. WOW! On the up side, I am sure I got a few laughs at anyone reading this. Well, it's out to the garage to fix it. Unbelievable!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium