lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2019, 10:00 PM   #41
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Lithium conversion basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallachera89 View Post
See this is what i needed to hear

My CC is pretty straight forward with battery stuff.. and if i could put some lithium or Lipo batteries in it that would be decent.. I just get lost looking at all these wires and "BMS" **** yall always talk about.. its confusing lol

I have 8 6v batteries on my cart and i can literally drive it about 40miles before i get down to 49v (60ish%)

So im not sure if i want to get rid of what i know works

Yep. Keep what ya got.

At the same time my friend took a 6 month old pack out of his six month old cart and sold it for $600. Sold his factory controller for $300. Sold his charger for $200. Bought all the parts to convert to lithium for about $1500 with a high end Zeva BMS.

Cart now does 42. Insane acceleration, super fast charging, 350 pounds lighter, maintenance free, and will last 10-15 years before a $550 (today’s prices, still dropping) will be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2019, 06:43 AM   #42
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous View Post
Yep. Keep what ya got.

At the same time my friend took a 6 month old pack out of his six month old cart and sold it for $600. Sold his factory controller for $300. Sold his charger for $200. Bought all the parts to convert to lithium for about $1500 with a high end Zeva BMS.

Cart now does 42. Insane acceleration, super fast charging, 350 pounds lighter, maintenance free, and will last 10-15 years before a $550 (today’s prices, still dropping) will be needed.

I swapped cause my obc failed and batteries were 4 yrs old. Just have to sell the batteries and charger now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:58 AM   #43
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous View Post
Yep. Keep what ya got.

I did similar. Sold 2 year old batteries for $250 and charger for $200 and invested in my pack. It'll last me many years and worth the investment. NO MORE ACID TO CLEAN and NO MORE WATERING BATTERIES!!! That pays for for conversion itself.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium