lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default BBQ Time I Think

Sure hope that is the problem, I have been running my old 81 G1 really a lot in the last few weeks and today it was hotter out than usual, anyway while after a 10 minute ride I was approaching a hill and wow did the power drop. Thought for sure I was gonna have to use my cell phone for the first time to call for help. I was over a mile in the woods no one but myself and my little dog on board and going up this hill almost all power was lost and it wasn't missing or anything but had to hold it to the floor and I could of walked faster up the hill and I have bad legs. Do you think its time to BBQ?
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: BBQ Time I Think

Hey it's a holiday, always a good time for a BBQ. And the good news, if the neighbors get a whiff of what you're cooking they won't be coming over!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hey FlintRock your right they wont come near because last summer I BBQ'ed my 82 G1 muffler and what a stinch ahhahaha.
Hope you have a good weekend my friend.
Calvin
Old 05-23-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
Do you think its time to BBQ?
Calvin
sounds like it to me Calvin.like FR said.its a holiday weekend.perfect time.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

I'm just glad you made if home okay Calvin. Hope you get the problem straightened out.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thank you Dock98 and Azboo, me too, it was super hot out when it acted up and I was way back in the boonies. I got a cell phone for things like that if they were to happen but the old G1 made it back home, crawling ever so slow but we made it. Trying to get my grandson today to build a big fire so I can burn it out.
I may have a G1 for sale before long, I have 2 now and the one I dont ride is in my garage but dont have anyone to help me customize it and I just cant do it my legs gets worse every month. Hate to sell one of them but I might have too.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Calvin
Old 05-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well my friends I found the culprit, took the muffler off a few minutes ago and found out the flapper inside the header pipe was closed tight. No wonder it didn't have any power. The muffler looks good no suit inside the pipe holes at all. Found out the problem was those little plastic adjusters at the very ends of the throttle linkages are all bad worn completely out. Even with the little metal holders on they still manage to pop off every now and then. I adjusted the flapper to wide open when at full throttle and I was getting 21mph now its a easy 25mph with gps in hand. It actually will spin a wheel from time to time.
PS- Anyone know if these little plastic holders can still be purchased? I need about 12 of them, 6 for my 81 G1 and 4 for my 82 G1.
Thanks everyone.
Calvin
Old 05-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Forget those prices them little plastic things cost $10.02 each I will make something to work that's nuts.
Calvin
Old 05-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

How's it going Calvin? Hope your having a good holiday weekend. We should all remember to be thankful to all the men and women that serve and have served our armed forces.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hi there Spriddle oh I am thankful just wish my Dad was still living so I could hug him. He was in WWII and served in Europe, he had plenty of wounds but was still able to raise his family and I miss him.
God Bless
calvin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha