lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
EBone
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 EZGO electric suddenly won't budge

My cart is a man. code F0195, I assume this means it is a 95 model. I'm not sure if it is a TXT or Medalist. It does have a plastic body, does that mean its not a medalist?

The cart was sitting in the garage, I jumped in and was looking to ride around a bit when nothing happened. It would't move. I jiggled the pedal, and after some time it worked. loaded it on the trailor, when I got where I was going, it wouldn't go again. I jiggled plenty and still nothing.

I need a wiring diagram, and a troubleshooting guide that explains the function of each component and how to test it. the F/R switch is mechanical, so I can figure that out, but how does the potentiometer work (rod connected to pedal that goes in and out) How does the controller work? What does that solenoid do?

I did jump across the two side lugs on the solenoid, but still nothing.

One thing I noticed is that when I touched A1S1 or A2S2 with the multimeter while someone held the pedal down, it worked!!, of course it only lunged forward once and I couldn't make it do it again ???? any ideas??
thanks
EBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 EZGO electric suddenly won't budge

start with what you wiggled, the pedal. under your floorboard there is a micro-switch, that would be my first guess. Sort of a redneck test, bang the floorboard directly behind the gas pedal and see if it will start working for you, if so replace the micro switch.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
EBone
Not Yet Wild

I will try that, however I checked continuity across the switch and it appeared to be working.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Wiring diagrams located at top of this forum under stickies. Sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere. It happens alot. Jiggle and pull on each connection to check.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum EBone........................

Yes, it means you have a 1995 and no, not a medalist.

Also wiggle the F-N-R handle to see if it tries to run. If it tries to run as a result of wiggling the FNR handle, you need to repair the FNR switch or buss bars. (All this is of course if the FNR switch is NOT located next to the key switch.)

The solenoid is just a Heavy Current switch.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty View Post
Welcome to the forum EBone........................

Yes, it means you have a 1995 and no, not a medalist.

Also wiggle the F-N-R handle to see if it tries to run. If it tries to run as a result of wiggling the FNR handle, you need to repair the FNR switch or buss bars. (All this is of course if the FNR switch is NOT located next to the key switch.)

The solenoid is just a Heavy Current switch.

95 plastic body not a Medalist? You sure?
95 can't have factory FNR rocker. That didn't start until PDS series (2000) right?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Meaning......... 1995 was the changover year. They actually produced metal and plastic bodies that year.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #8
EBone
Not Yet Wild

Everyone... thanks for the replys. After further investigation, I changed out some connectors on the big wires on the F/R switch and it works fine now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO