lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
Lifted-B
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1991 Club Car - Clone

Just got the Durostar 16hp clone (yellow one) and clutch adapter for stock clutch. Have been reading everyone's threads and do not see many club car clones. I'm thinking that this isn't going to be too bad of a project, concerned about throttle connection? Any suggestions on how I tie in throttle and choke for a 91 club? Any pictures/advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
Lifted-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
CLUB 90
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1991 Club Car - Clone

Have few ideas. First buy extra beer ! I think i have figured out there Lifted B
CLUB 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome to the chaos. Club 90 has it right, it'll give you all kinds of ideas... some good, some great, & some not so good. Just wait till tomorrow to start cuttin. Then re-evaluate.

Check out the Ready to rumble thread that mobolan did. It was a CC.

The throttle was pretty easy for my Marathon. I used a piece of steel from the old throttle linkage. I'll get a pic of it sometime this weekend.

Take lots of pics & put'em up for everyone to check out.

And good luck!
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
mbolan
Not Yet Wild

Are you going to retain the stock starter and allow the cart to start from the gas pedal? If so I can post some more pictures of my conversion. You will have to set the engine up pretty high to clear the stock control box or at least that is how I did mine. That way I could still use the stock throttle cable. Is the cart lifted? I'm not sure you can fit the engine in high enough with a stock lift.I have several pics I can post that might help if you plan on this type of setup.
mbolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
Lifted-B
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks AirJunky and Mbolan for the replies. I now have ideas for the throttle and am planning on using as much of the stock parts that i can. Did you guys have issues with your Drive belt? I need a way longer belt now, kind of stuck on this one... Plan on working on this all day SUnday... Pics to come, thanks for the help thus far!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
mbolan
Not Yet Wild

I used the stock belt with the stock clutch. I was on a mission to do the swap for as little cash as possible. With the brackets I made everything fits with using the stock belt and stock wiring. Even used the stock throttle cable. The only thing I had to add was a manual choke cable.
mbolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When I built my engine mount, I slotted the holes side to side so I could get the belt alignment exactly right. But I didn't slot them front to back at all to adjust for belt tightness. As a result I've had to figure out which belt is right.... 2" longer than stock. It's a belt from a Polaris snowmobile.
Because I used the stock generator/starter, I don't think I would have been able to go much shorter or it would interfere with the throttle linkage.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
Lifted-B
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

do you know what year the sled was? or an OME # for the belt by any chance?
Old 02-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The belt is a Dayco HP3017 which is 42.75" long.

Keep in mind that my build is an EZGo Marathon, which in stock form uses a 40.75" long Dayco HP2013.

You can get a good listing of Dayco belts here.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
Lifted-B
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok thanks...

got shaft cut, tapped and mounted. installed motor and used old snowmobile belt (longer than stock club car).. Cart runs good up and down the road, the issue I'm having now is; when transmission is in neutral, how did you guys keep the secondary and or primary clutch from engaging?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps