lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
heliplanepilot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Talking club car honda clone swap

I am new to the forum its pretty sweet, anyways I have an 87 club car. Im looking at doing the powermax swap. I was wondering if anyone has used the stock generator/starter with their engine swaps. I would use the strater that comes with the engine and simply use the CC one as a generator. I use my cart mostly at night and want the charging for my lights.......
heliplanepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
heliplanepilot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: club car honda clone swap

Also i saw a guy in montana that does these swaps. he machines the crankshaft to accomodate the stock club car clutch. I think this is what i will have to do to use the generator. Has anyone had this done or is it better to use the comet 780. The guy machines the clutch and the driven clutch for better performance and allows it to idle. it sounds like it would work good to me
heliplanepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car honda clone swap

Check out the thread by "kyle14x7" with the title "Clone Engine Update". Doolin stated that the charging system that came with the powermax works pretty well for him. I just ordered my powermax and am going to try the same thing. Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon.
Cessna75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: club car honda clone swap

Shouldn't need the CC gen., If the crank is tapered, you can't use the 780. If the crank is 1", then definitely go fer the 780... Waaaaay better than the stocker... Good Luck... Happy Easter.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!