lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
miramar
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G1/G2 36V Wiring Help

i have an electric g1 or g2 (model and serial number missing so not sure). batteries are connected properly. when the key is put in reverse the buzzer comes on. the cart will not go forward or backward, it is like there is no power going to the motor. can anyone tell me how to test the motor or offer suggestions on what may be wrong? i know some have a tow switch but i cannot find one on this one. cart ran fine before the batteries were replaced.
miramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G1/G2 36V Wiring Help

Welcome to the forum miramar...................

If it's a G2, lift the seat / battery cover and look down at the floor board level, where the seat hinges, and you will find a small plate with the numbers.........
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
miramar
Not Yet Wild

i guess the plate has been removed, there is nothing there.. how would i go about testing the motor to see if it is bad? any help would be great!
miramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

If the cart ran fine before the batteries were replace, I would look at all the connections to all the batteries first. Then check for continuity of each wire to make sure current is passing thru them. It only takes one broken cable to stop the flow of electrons. If all that is fine then start looking for a loose wire that may have fallen off during the installation of the batteries. It is always the simplest things that will drive you nuts to try to find. Beyond this I don't have a clue, I am electrical challenged. I know it takes a poss and a neg for ele to work and that is how I attach any ele issues. Good Luck.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Rodger's right this is an install problem. The motor is fine. You are looking for a wire that broke off during install or was reattached incorrectly. Just start checking all of the connections you touched to be sure batteries are pos to neg all the way through the pack? Do you have a volt meter? What is the reading on the pack at the charger recepticle?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha