lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
jeremy123
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 Club Car DS 48V Electric - Loose Wire

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and pretty limited in my understanding of golf carts. I have a loose wire in the battery pack compartment that I was hoping might be identifiable by some of you experts without too much effort. I could not identify this wire on the wiring diagram that i found on this forum. I am attempting to post a few pictures that i have. The views are standing over the battery compartment looking towards the back of the cart. This smaller red wire has somehow lost its battery lug/open barrel/end piece and i can't tell where it goes. It is close to the right side near the battery with the black negative cable hookup. It appears to feed down to a small little black box between the batteries with two bolts on top. The one other cable i have very similar in size and red, feeds to the main positive battery post and originates from the port that looks to be where the golf cart charger connects. Any ideas would be helpful. I will likely have to bring it to a local shop, but was hoping i could find out where it goes an attempt to re-attach it myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Top View.jpg (180.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Loose Wire.jpg (189.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wire zoom in.jpg (188.4 KB, 0 views)
jeremy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 1998 Club Car DS 48V Electric - Loose Wire

Take the battery cables off and you will likely find that missing ring. Clean them good and re install, battery cable goes on first.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:57 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It looks like the positive feed for a 16v->12v reducer for your accessories.

It connects to the negative battery post right under your wrist (middle picture).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #4
jeremy123
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I will look around at all of the battery posts tonight. I looked at a few in that general location and could not find a ring. So it sounds to you like this red wire should be connected to a battery post as well as another one of similar size and look on the opposite side? If for some reason the ring is not there because it worked it's way off, would you know which battery post it should go on?
Old 01-18-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
jeremy123
Not Yet Wild

Thank you both.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:04 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That wire connects to the battery post I mentioned (it measures 16v from pack negative) and it goes to a fuse/terminal block that provides the positive to your lights.

There is no other wire on the same battery.

Follow the negative for your lights, it should go to a small block (the 16v->12v voltage reducer), that small block will then connect to controller B-.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car