lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
duallyman
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy need a help with no go problem

Hi guys, newbe here.
I have a question on my 2000 club car.
I just recently started having problems with my cart not wanting to go when selector switch was in forward. After some investagating I seen that my F/R switch was melting down.
So I ordered a new one as heavy duty as I could get. Anyways I put the new switch on today & made sure that I put each wire back as the old. Now I have no reverse & I get a little bit of shudder when taking off in forward, it is also drawing a lot more power than in the past.
When I switch to reverse the buzzer comes on & you can hear the normal click of the relay when you step on the go pedal, but nothing happens at that point.

By the way this is a 48v unit, non regen.
Up until my switch started crapping out all was fine.
Any ideas what I should check out here.
Thanks in advance.
duallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: need a help with no go problem

It is running in forward?
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
duallyman
Not Yet Wild

Yes it will go forward but has a type of a shudder when you step on the go pedal.
I also notice that when the lites are on it draws them way down to almost nothing.
I was not having this issue before the switch change.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:47 AM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Everything easy I'm thinking has one of your symptoms..

Batteries going out, would cause problems with charge issues...

There is a resistor in the micro switch wiring for reverse speed... the outermost micro there should be a green/white/and black wire plugged in.. reverse the black and white wire, see if that makes it run in reverse and not forward...

The shuttering sounds mostly like weak batteries.
~~~~~~~~
Now a complex thought, which wire was melting on your f/r switch. Trace it back and I've got a feeling its leading to the motor, probably on a post towards the inside of the car. If so, check to see if that post is moving freely in teh motor.

They symptoms you are mentioning seems like you have a faulty field, thus creating a short, melting your f/r switch originally. Now you are trying to go, but due to broke fields car will only run one direction.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
duallyman
Not Yet Wild

The F/R switch was melted down itself. It was on the stationary contact side of switch. Blue wire.
I was also running in reverse before I made switch change, this was the only way to move cart around. It had no forward when the switch melted down.
Motor terminals all seem fine. I have no loose wires or broken one that I can find.
I will check the micro switch as you mentioned to see if it may be screwed or somthing.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
duallyman
Not Yet Wild

found my no reverse issue. broken lug on the micro switch.
I am how ever still having a studdering or shuddering problem.
When you step on the go pedel in forward or reverse the cart takes off fine but if you step all the way down it will start shuddering/ cutting out/ hesitating, not sure what is the right word to us here.
Anyways I have taken the Vglide out & checked it for good contact on each pole & all is good there.
Could be controller be going???
I still am not sure what cause my F/R switch to melt in the first place.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Quote:
found my no reverse issue. broken lug on the micro switch.
Gotta love that, happens pretty often

Quote:
Anyways I have taken the Vglide out & checked it for good contact on each pole & all is good there.
Could be controller be going???
there are diodes on the back of the v-glide which can fail, and cause similar problems... before i would change a controller, I would replace the v-glide with a MCOR conversion kit... but your problem really sounds like batteries.. when you go all the way to the floor you require more voltage then you do when you are in the earlier stages... when you do this with weak batteries you create the mentioned problem. ..
Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
duallyman
Not Yet Wild

I am not familiar with MCOR conversation kit.
What is this?

Had to do the trick/ treat thing tonight so I was not able to further investiagate my problems.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:43 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Not to try and correct anyone...but "diodes" were mentioned. Actually I believe they are resistors. They are connected in series on the back of the V-glide switch assembly. If a resistor gets burnt or has corrossion on the leads it can cause issues. Sounds more like a battery issue like phasetim said but you never know because it hard to describe and diagnose in post's. Wont hurt to check it all out. That way you will lear more about your cart.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

The v-glide uses copper contacts for speed control, a mcor is a much more stable way to control speed, its a lot more like a radio volume knob...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car