lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2009, 09:51 AM   #11
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Making 36v resistor to solid state AXE & PB-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post
Which throttle setting are you referring to exactly? Throttle input? Throttle ramp up speed? Let me know, programming these things are easy. Cool thing is you can hook your laptop up to the controller, run the cable from under the seat, hook it to your laptop, go for a cruise and monitor the current draw and other things. You can then stop, adjust settings and try them out right away.

What did you pay for the cable at Radio Shack? I picked mine up online at Sewell Direct for less than $20.00 shipped (2 foot version, 6 footer avilable for $9.00 more). Here is the link. Maybe you can return the one to RS and get this instead to save some coin.

http://sewelldirect.com/usbtoserial.asp
I do not have the controller yet, but reading through the operation instructions the throttle response tab. Wasn't sure what if the PB-6 pot is 5Kohm - 0 or if the setting should be (club car like).

Thanks for the link. I'm going to order it and take the Radio Shack one back. I paid $38 at Radio Shack! I can get the one on-line and have it shipped all for $15..
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #12
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
I would use the MCOR instead of the pot box. Its a direct factory replacement.
K-Dawg,
What is the MCOR? Can you point me to the location to find it. I have not purchased the PB-6 yet, but just about to.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #13
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Bump
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf35099 View Post
K-Dawg,
What is the MCOR? Can you point me to the location to find it. I have not purchased the PB-6 yet, but just about to.
Mcor is a late model speed indication device. Your cart uses the earlier Vglide system, which you will replace with the PB-6 .... The AXE alltrax programmable controller can be set to nearly any type of throttle indication device out there. SO my advice is to get the most common PB-6 so you don't have to struggle finding an odd ball. I use 0-5k on CC conversion for this reason.... also if you are using a non programable controller like the less expensive Logisystem units there is a wider selection available in 0-5k than 5k to 0.... hope this helps....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:22 AM   #15
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks, scottyb.

I'm just going to stay with the PB-6. The controller I purchased is the programmable type, so I will set it to the 0-5K setting first and see where we go from there.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:30 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf35099 View Post
Thanks, scottyb.

I'm just going to stay with the PB-6. The controller I purchased is the programmable type, so I will set it to the 0-5K setting first and see where we go from there.
yes. What I was trying to say is that the PB-6 is available in 5k-0 AND 0-5k but, that I prefered the more widely available 0-5K components ..... Have you looked at the logisystem controllers? I have had good luck with them and even ran some side by side tests where the logisystem controller nearly matched the allrax acceleration and topped out the same in identical vehicles
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #17
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Have you looked at the logisystem controllers? I have had good luck with them and even ran some side by side tests where the logisystem controller nearly matched the allrax acceleration and topped out the same in identical vehicles
I have not. I looked at the options and because I found a great deal on the Alltrax 4855, I went ahead and purchased that. Sounds like it will do what I want and should be good and reliable from what I've read.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #18
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post
Which throttle setting are you referring to exactly? Throttle input? Throttle ramp up speed? Let me know, programming these things are easy. Cool thing is you can hook your laptop up to the controller, run the cable from under the seat, hook it to your laptop, go for a cruise and monitor the current draw and other things. You can then stop, adjust settings and try them out right away.

What did you pay for the cable at Radio Shack? I picked mine up online at Sewell Direct for less than $20.00 shipped (2 foot version, 6 footer avilable for $9.00 more). Here is the link. Maybe you can return the one to RS and get this instead to save some coin.

http://sewelldirect.com/usbtoserial.asp
I ordered my 6' (6 foot) cable from Amazon for $18.00 shipped to my door.

I know this is an older thread, but good info and I wanted to know more about the programmable controllers.....
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #19
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I use 0-5k on CC conversion for this reason.... also if you are using a non programable controller like the less expensive Logisystem units there is a wider selection available in 0-5k than 5k to 0.... hope this helps....
What's the difference between the two settings, 0-5k and 5k-0?
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #20
K-DAWG
Gone Wild

Personelly, I think the MCOR is a better unit. Its sealed waterproof, Bolt on replacement and its a factory clubcar part. Its a little more expensive to start but, theres no guess work or adjusting getting the ohms right and no fabricating of parts and peices to make it work. Not sure what you are reffering to calling it oddball. Any way there are didfferent ways to skin a cat both work I just preffer to use factory parts. Seems they already done the p&r for you. So, I chose that route.

Question: Isnt a potbox a part for EZ-Go's?
K-DAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car