lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
devybob
Gone Wild

Default something is spinning

Somewhere in my drive train something is slipping.If I go real easy the cart will creep along then only spins, so it is slipping somewhere in the drive train. It's not the hubs, they were replaced with HD cast iron hubs long ago,and it does not seem to be the axles either, so I'm afraid its in the differential or the motor.
Where do I start. Do I take the motor off or remove the differential pan and look for what. Help me please as I am not fond of working on the garage floor.

2005 western 42 volt
devybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: something is spinning

Personally....I would do the easiest to get at thing first, THE DIFF PAN. if the slippage in is the gears, which is bad....you will find a lot of metal shavings or chunks in the pan. if its clean....next thing to do is pull the motor. its possible that the spline is sheared or bad....but I really can't imagine that ever happening.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

FYI
I had a similar problem once. Only showed up on a hill.... it was a bad battery
Put a meter on the pack and make sure the pack voltage is not significantly dropping when the cart is slipping
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

If its not the hubs, It could be the motor coupler......rare....But Ive fixed them before. Usually under a load before it slips

Id pull the motor first...simple to do and easy to check the coupler. Rear gears are very very rare to fail unless really abused.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO