lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing
Golf Cart Racing Buggies Gone Wild Racing League

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #21
Jeff Gordon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart for Darrell Gwynn

If you look at the beginning of the post it will give you and idea what we're up to. 48" stretch most probably, will ride on air bags and will drop to just about the rockers, will have power slide-out like motorhome so Darrell can make a turn and give him room when parked to watch races, Darrell he will enter through a power gullwing door on the left side that will make way to a short power aluminum ramp, there will be a generator running 110 volt heat and AC and power windows for autograph signings needless to say. Darrell will ride in the middle of the cart like he does in his street van. We want to go 45 because we're racers and we can :-). Darrell on his chair will fit, reason for the gullwing so he'll have head clearance on entry and exit. Lido is 50" wide.
Jeff Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #22
Jeff Gordon
Not Yet Wild

Scotty, if we go the electric route we'd most probably go the lithium route, trying to get them donated. Diehard is in but they don't make proper batteries. Jeg's is always on board with our projects...great group of guys and they have a few vendors we'll see if they'll put the pressure on. Mike at Lido suggests for us to talk to HPEVS and get their take. Mike did confirm it is a EZ GO differencial. Looks like you're Mr. Sparky so always willing to listen as we weigh things out. The fellow who did the dragster builds is now building a 480 volt dragster for Garlits to be the first veectric car to break 200 as he was the first to do so on nitro MANY years ago.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

480 Volts. Wow. That's a lot of torque. I wonder how many Gs that will pull off the line? Probably make a man into a slice of lunchmeat on take off
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
Jeff Gordon
Not Yet Wild

I'll need to get an update from Mike. I did hear the chassis was just about done at Brad Hadman's race chassis shop in WA State.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #25
Jeff Gordon
Not Yet Wild

I did not know these were on the net. This will show what the dragsters were all about.
http://www.carsofdreams.com/cars/dar...dragsters.html
Old 08-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Here is the replica of of my friend's early 200mph smallblock fuel dragster. He was the first to break the 200mph mark for the Chevies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zanes car.jpg (101.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #27
Jeff Gordon
Not Yet Wild

Cool, I wish I had my old funny cars back again but I haven't been able find them. Garlits wants to do it electrically. I'll send Mike Garry the link to this thread...maybe he'll give a public update.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That is a Replica built around the clutch can (all they could find) of the original car Zane built. Chet Herbert & company did the build. You can check it out here > http://cacklefest.com/Shubert-Herbert.shtml
Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #29
Jeff Gordon
Not Yet Wild

Here's some photos, it's now a mini Prevost bus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1013121017.jpg (96.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1018121044.jpg (73.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1130121619.jpg (91.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1130121619b.jpg (95.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1130121620a.jpg (87.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #30
Bud Man
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh wow that is A LOT of fab work! Lookin good keep the updates coming!
Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing