lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #11
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Click Click - will not move !

Yes, usually the cart works.. Sometimes, it just clicks.. then all the sudden - the cart will move. Then fine... Now its in its "click or dead" cycle. I would also suspect a loose or dirty contact.. The cart looks like it has never seen preventitive maintenance.

What is your opinion on removing each connection-cleaning & applying a dielectric & reconnect/retighten each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Yes, same manual.
Billfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #12
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfo View Post
Yes, usually the cart works.. Sometimes, it just clicks.. then all the sudden - the cart will move. Then fine... Now its in its "click or dead" cycle. I would also suspect a loose or dirty contact.. The cart looks like it has never seen preventitive maintenance.

What is your opinion on removing each connection-cleaning & applying a dielectric & reconnect/retighten each.

one of the best things you can do. If sometimes it just clicks then works I'd look at a bad solenoid or bad F/R contacts. When its in its "dead" cycle wiggle the F/R back and forth with the pedal pushed a bit....see if she jumps. If it does then F/R switch needs repair. If not, check solenoid.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #13
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks...I will start with that !!!

Quote:
one of the best things you can do. If sometimes it just clicks then works I'd look at a bad solenoid or bad F/R contacts. When its in its "dead" cycle wiggle the F/R back and forth with the pedal pushed a bit....see if she jumps. If it does then F/R switch needs repair. If not, check solenoid.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #14
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pds ?

Got it.. Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
There was no PDS in 1997, only Series and DCS.

PDS started around 2000 and DCS ended at this time.

PDS is a much improved version of DCS.

DCS and PDS carts are Sepex systems and are not compatable with Series systems.

You have a Series cart.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Thanks...I will start with that !!!
First thing I'd do is wash the battery tops off real good, use some baking soda to neutralize any acid, then do the cables. Check each battery for water, Use distilled water only.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #16
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have not cleaned the tops off, but the tops are dry.. I watch the water level & have only needed to add distilled once since initial possesion in July. My battieries are limping along. Max charge in 36.5V so far. I know that is considered dead. It will still maintain at least 35.5V after sitting unused for 4 weeks (off charger).
*note: after a full charge ( as full as I can get) each battery will show 6.3-6.8. So none are REALLY dead, or really strong. Just worn down..
*note: I hear water boiling when charging. I hope this is normal..
Q: is there a way to check my charger to see if it is attempting to charge higher than 36.5V ?

Quote:
First thing I'd do is wash the battery tops off real good, use some baking soda to neutralize any acid, then do the cables. Check each battery for water, Use distilled water only.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #17
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have not cleaned the tops off, but the tops are dry.. I watch the water level & have only needed to add distilled once since initial possesion in July. My battieries are limping along. Max charge in 36.5V so far. I know that is considered dead. It will still maintain at least 35.5V after sitting unused for 4 weeks (off charger).
*note: after a full charge ( as full as I can get) each battery will show 6.3-6.8. So none are REALLY dead, or really strong. Just worn down..
*note: I hear water boiling when charging. I hope this is normal..
Q: is there a way to check my charger to see if it is attempting to charge higher than 36.5V ?
water boiling is normal. the charger should be charging at about 42 volts.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #18
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Can I use a voltmeter to measure how many volts the charger is putting out ? With the charger plugged into the cart, shouldnt I be getting a reading near 42Volts across the pack even if the batttieries wont hold more than 36.5 ?

Dare I stick the meter leads into the charger plug end ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
water boiling is normal. the charger should be charging at about 42 volts.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes you dare. Set the meter on 200dcv. The charger will have to plugged into the pack then read the pack where the charger connects to it. You should see 42-44v initially when the charger dc amp meter is near 20.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #20
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, at least then I can rule out charger failure & get to the reality of dying batteries..

""where the charger connects to it""" Can you clarify where this would be ? Not across the battery pack while charging right ? I did that while charging & only got 36.8V

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes you dare. Set the meter on 200dcv. The charger will have to plugged into the pack then read the pack where the charger connects to it. You should see 42-44v initially when the charger dc amp meter is near 20.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO