lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
mike923
Not Yet Wild

Default Slow forward

Hi all new here and I need some help I read the stickies and still no real sure what I'm doing. My buddies Dad has a 95 ezgo electric 3 wheel cart that he uses around the farm because he is handicapped. The main complaint is that it is very slow going forward and eventually dies out. He told me that he found a wire coming from the FNR switch that was bad and replaced it. He said that it looked burnt. It still moves slow forward but ok in reverse, is this a bad FNR switch? and where would I get it rebuilt or find a replacement?

Thanks
mike923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Slow forward

Unplug the half speed reverse switch and see if it has gotten connected to forward instead of reverse. It "can" be left unhooked. Does the Forward-Reverse lever say the right direction. The motor could have been hooked up for the wrong rotation and that would make F-R backward.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
mike923
Not Yet Wild

Ok I'll check what does the 1/2 speed switch look like? and where would it be. That maybe the problem because someone else replaced a cable before I got involved

thanks, if that's not it any other ideas?
mike923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

There are two microswitches on the lower drivers side of the F-R control. The one with a black and a white wire is the half speed switch. Removing either wire will disable its function. The other switch is for the reverse alarm horn. This information is for my '92 Marathon and that one could be different.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #5
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

There ya go...see why this is a cool site?!

.......and WELCOME to BGW
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO