lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #11
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: two day brush guard

Black-Iron welds decent,i've used it for stuff in the past,and when i do hydraulics on trucks we weld the fittings or nipples in certain places to mount them.Never had any problems,done tons of em' past 20yrs.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I like it O.T.F. Looks great!
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #13
Brush Creek
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

O.T.F. it looks great. I've thought about building one but heard others talk of crushing the pipe. Thanks to this thread, I know why! Harbor Freight, here I come.
Brush Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #14
danbug1
Not Yet Wild

check out this post on another forum there is 2 mods one is on first page and the other is on 2nd look for the pics so you dont have to read all the bs.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230317
danbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #15
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

yes you will crimp your tubbing if you do not fill with sand first. if your pocket is empty but have the time to fill with sand and take your time you can achive what these guys on here with deep pockets and 5,000 dollar benders can do. hell for the most part with enough gas"es you can heat and bend around something with a tourch, most of this fab is for looks any ways !! i mean come on some of these guys are pro builders and fab all the time (i would some times think i fall into this catagory) and the other half is a weekend builder (wich i also think i fit into this catagory) and its these guys that need to know you do not need million dollar equipment in your garage to fab. you can build with cheaper equipment but yes you do need to do a little home work and yes you do need to know a little but in the end you do the best with what your able to get an/or aford.
if you want to spend 70 bucks on a pip bender from HF (like I did, and have been custom fabing for 16 years now) you can see from my pics it will work if you do your home work and take sites like this with a grain of salt. a good fab starts in your mind and does anything needed to achive the picture in your head. like said some of these guys have enough money to get industrial equipment in their garage and some use whats avalible at their work places and the rest of us do what we have to do to make it work!!! and you can take that to the bank. now lets see how many feathers that shook up lol
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #16
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

ok im still rattled for some reason. ya know if your only looking to save 50 bucks and fab your self something then you realy just need to buy what ever it is, but if you realy plan on adding a lot of parts to a project then personal custom fab will save you (if you do your homework) realy then you probable need to frown on sites that would do any thing but offer posative response in your quest, sure your always going to get a goldin spoon feed person to tell you your a dumb *** and shouldnty even be thinking of it but from the start your better than that and will produce better because for most you came here to ask not to bragg. take that with a grain of salt and think on that while i sip on another hieneken ( i'm just a rabbling man ,Doing the best I can) LMAO
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:44 AM   #17
danbug1
Not Yet Wild

all i know is ive done those 2 mods to a friends bender and we havent kinked a tube since and no filling tube with sand. it gets to be a pain with a 10' stick
danbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:22 AM   #18
jeggers
Gone Wild

Columbia

Great job! looks like a production pice.
jeggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:35 AM   #19
littlebob
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhog View Post
Is the gas supply type pipe easy to weld? I may go that route.
Sold plumbing supplies for 25 years, the domestic stuff welds well but the import stuff is hit and miss. go to a plumbing wholesale and ask for the domestic pipe if your going to welding. Import piupe means just that and could be from any country. The metallurgy of the different importers varies.
littlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:52 AM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you go to a Steel-Supplier you can buy Schedule-40 pipe,Which is steel pipe,not black-iron.You will get the proper results on bends,because it is still pipe,Which the Harbor-Freight bender is designed for(without dealing with sand!).You will also get good welding results because it is mild-steel,instead of iron-alloy.As for the remarks about guys with "Million-Dollar Fab-Equiptment".Those types are few and far between,Alot can be said for guys like myself who make more with less(or make their own equiptment like Extreme does).Yes,its' nice to have every toy,but i've worked in Fabrication for almost 20 yrs,most of what i do is with Torches,Grinders,Die-Grinders,And a Welder.I've used Iron-workers,Rollers,Shears,Brakes,etc..and i know how nice it is to have the equiptment there to use,But when you don't have it,its nice to see how good you can do on your own.My work speaks for itself,as does the work of others here and elsewhere.True some of the parts on my cart were done on a brake(dump-box)but everything else was done in my small 2-car garage,by hand.Just keep in mind,that with planning you can build almost anything,but you need to build it properly and safely.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center