lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #21
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Re: two day brush guard

My Sheet Metal Brake is 2- 2X4s, C-Clamps, a big vise, and a Rubber Mallet.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2010, 09:58 AM   #22
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Oh!! By the way, Spell Check is a wonderful thing.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:46 AM   #23
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

First off, great job. I used to think that learning to make things would save me money. As I've got older I've learned that it is true that I occasionally have saved money but that the real value is that I can make things that I want but can't buy. When I started to learn blacksmithing a wise man told me to never make what I could buy, since there were far too many things I couldn’t buy that I would enjoy making.

I have had one of these benders http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-...der-32888.html for ten years. I have never gotten good results with it. Frankly I think the biggest reason is that practice is costly, as I never had a source for free pipe and therefore only use it when actually doing a project, and rarely. Your pictures remind me that it is me and not the tool that is the problem. I usually get good results with mechanical things but the bender and I have never got along, unfortunately.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:58 AM   #24
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
Oh!! By the way, Spell Check is a wonderful thing.
yeah yeah but i would feel like i wasa cheting my upbringings here in ky and weel id not a cumputer person butt thought evan if i wasa niss pellan stuff ita wasa close unough to know whata one wasa sain

and yep SGF im the same way i have days that i just dont belong in the garage because me and the tools i use just cant seem to get along somedays. fortanatly most of the fab i do for myself i am able to use left over material from jobs i've done so i rarely have to put out for my steel but that also puts projects in my head till enough scrap builds up in the garage.
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #25
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_fly View Post
ok im still rattled for some reason. ya know if your only looking to save 50 bucks and fab your self something then you realy just need to buy what ever it is, but if you realy plan on adding a lot of parts to a project then personal custom fab will save you (if you do your homework) realy then you probable need to frown on sites that would do any thing but offer posative response in your quest, sure your always going to get a goldin spoon feed person to tell you your a dumb *** and shouldnty even be thinking of it but from the start your better than that and will produce better because for most you came here to ask not to bragg. take that with a grain of salt and think on that while i sip on another hieneken ( i'm just a rabbling man ,Doing the best I can) LMAO
There is so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start. My best suggestion to you would be to back on out of this forum before you get stepped on. You have no idea of the quality and abilities of the people who are on here. Your post count does not entitle you to the kind of judgments you're making.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:05 PM   #26
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
ok im still rattled for some reason. ya know if your only looking to save 50 bucks and fab your self something then you realy just need to buy what ever it is, but if you realy plan on adding a lot of parts to a project then personal custom fab will save you (if you do your homework) realy then you probable need to frown on sites that would do any thing but offer posative response in your quest, sure your always going to get a goldin spoon feed person to tell you your a dumb *** and shouldnty even be thinking of it but from the start your better than that and will produce better because for most you came here to ask not to bragg. take that with a grain of salt and think on that while i sip on another hieneken ( i'm just a rabbling man ,Doing the best I can) LMAO
You need to spend more time reading this site before you make posts like you know everyone here and pass judgement on them.
I've been here a long time and don't know of anyone that boasts of bottomless pockets and bashes anyone for fabbing over buying.
Several times you mention the rich verses poor thing and it just aint so.
Your Brushguard looks good so show more of your work and ideas and less crying when someone offers a different opinion than you.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:20 PM   #27
oddpowers
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
think on that while i sip on another hieneken
Here may be the problem.
oddpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:25 PM   #28
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by agc View Post
Here may be the problem.
If that's the case... I can remedy that as well.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #29
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

yep broke out the new years stash early sorry everyone just delete me or iggy. i can step up and say I was an A S S and was uncalled for and realy didnt even make sence anyways. sorry think i'll just stick to reading threads and not posting
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #30
oddpowers
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Don't forget to post up pics of your cart as it progresses....
oddpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center