lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #31
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Default Re: two day brush guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_fly View Post
yep broke out the new years stash early sorry everyone just delete me or iggy. i can step up and say I was an A S S and was uncalled for and realy didnt even make sence anyways. sorry think i'll just stick to reading threads and not posting
It takes a decent man to apologize. It takes a smart man to not make the same mistake again. I'm going to go with believing you might be both.

Thanks, Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #32
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I do like your brush guard, I like the way it wraps the front cowl. I had one of the HF benders and did not get the results I was trying for so this is what I have now and it works very good. They were expensive the dies were really high too but if you can use a tool to make money then the initial cost is not so bad. The cage is 1 3/4-.134 DOM the other is 1 inch sch 40 pipe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010013.jpg (106.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1010014.jpg (84.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1010012.jpg (91.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1010015.jpg (96.0 KB, 11 views)
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:17 PM   #33
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Quote:
think i'll just stick to reading threads and not posting
No reason to stop posting. Its all in good fun post away!
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #34
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

yeah rifter i have the smaller version of that style bender. i bought it about 11 years ago because i was jeeping big time and me and some friends were making our own tail light, and spot light guards and stuff out of 3/8's rod. well thats about the time i bought the pipe bender as well. ya know for the cost of both back then i could have added a few more bucks and got one to do both. now i've been looking into benders again but thinking i'll probly build the frame and use the jack out of the HF bender i already have and buy some 1.5 tubing die's from ebay or something
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bender 1.jpg (60.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg bender.jpg (53.2 KB, 9 views)
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:33 PM   #35
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
yeah rifter i have the smaller version of that style bender. i bought it about 11 years ago because i was jeeping big time and me and some friends were making our own tail light, and spot light guards and stuff out of 3/8's rod. well thats about the time i bought the pipe bender as well. ya know for the cost of both back then i could have added a few more bucks and got one to do both. now i've been looking into benders again but thinking i'll probly build the frame and use the jack out of the HF bender i already have and buy some 1.5 tubing die's from ebay or something
Do a search for building benders, there is a thread on here that shows an excellent build of one, right down to the diminsions of the plates.

And Welcome to BGW!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #36
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I just bought some 1.5" dies off of ebay for a $180 and built my own bender using the jack from my HF style bender. Works great! I just built a cage for my cart. I used the free tube bending software from JD2 to help design it. That worked good also. Heres some pictures of the bender and cage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SD531281.JPG (95.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg SD531282.JPG (98.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg SD531297.JPG (94.8 KB, 25 views)
revoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #37
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

yep that what im gonna do. you probly bought that die from the same seller i was looking at, he had a few different sizes all priced at 180. looks good
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center