lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Sick65
Not Yet Wild

Question 95 ezgo medalist Slow going up hill

I'm new to the golf cart world, so please forgive me is some of these are stupid questions.

I have a 95 EZ GO Medalist. From what I can tell, the cart has all of the stock components. The cart seems to run well on flat ground, but will slow down while going up a slight grade.

So far, I have load tested each battery individually, which 5 of them held at 5volts, and one held at 4.5 volts. I also checked the connections to ensure there is no corrosion build-up.

The cart is still running the stock 6ga wire, so didn't know if upgrading to 4ga would help or not.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Sick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: Slow going up hill

5V and 4.5V

Well there's your problem...

Thats sucks too, check water levels, distilled water, serach the forums on how to maintain batteries, maybe you can get it fixed, because you usually have to buy all six batteries at a time, because I have heard that its bad to have a new one and add it to old ones!!!
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Sick65
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Slow going up hill

The batteries read 6V normal and 5V under a load test. That shouldn't be the problem.
Sick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

A 6 volt battey that reads 6 volts on a volt meter is considered dead. Each cell produces around 2.3 volts. They really should not get below 6 volts under load.

Yes, 4 gauge will help pull those hills better as long as everything else is up to par.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:41 AM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

All carts being the same from factory are going to be slow going up hill. 14MPH on level ground and slower climbing a hill. 5 volts is to low of juice.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
schankins
Not Yet Wild

Does 4 gauge really make that much of a difference in climbing hills? I am asking because I was thinking of rewiring my 86 with 4. It climbs steep hills fine but is just a little slower than I think it should be.
schankins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:40 AM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 95 ezgo medalist Slow going up hill

They will help if your motor "needs" more power and can use it. When I say "needs" I mean if the motor is already maxxed out and isn't putting the stock cables under a load then 4 gauge won't do a bit of good and neither will 2 gauge. Most stock systems "need" a little help anyways so go for it.

A neighbor of mine at the lake had a lifted ezgo that would go into thermal shutdown, wouldn't move until it cooled off. We upgraded his cables to 4 gauge and it hasn't shut down since.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO