lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
ffmm121
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 TXT No power?

I have a 2000 EZ-Go TXT.I recently put new batteries and cables in it.After a few months I noticed the charge on the batteries would not last long at all.Then when you stoopped and waited awhile the charge would come back and you could drive it some more.Finally one day when the wife was driving it she said it made a pop noise,and my son said he smelt smoke.The cart does not run at all now.............I was wondering if anybody could give me some suggestions on maybe what the problem is or how to troubleshoot it.I'll be honest I'am a amateur at this.I have checked the batteries and cables to see if they were on tight or maybe one of the batteries had busted,but these all have checked out okay it appears.Any suggestions???
ffmm121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Carts Zone
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2000 TXT No power?

If there was smoke it was the speed controller. When speed controllers start going bad they knock off and then after cooling down it will start working again. To check use the 3 easy step below.

Step 1 Use jack stands to get the rear wheels of the ground, block the wheels so cart can't roll. Turn key on , put in forward, hold the pedal down.
With a volt meter on dc volts check B+ B- on controller should be around 36 volts. If 36 volts go to next step, If no voltage check soleniod and wires.

Step 2 Let off pedal check B+ A1 (M- on alttrax) on speed controller should be 0 volts.. It has to have have 0 volts when pedal is not presseed, if it has voltage here controller is damaged.
If it works right going form 0 - 36 volts then go to next step.

Step 3 Check B- and A1 (M- on alttrax) should be around 36 and when you press the pedal should go down to 0 volts. This will test f&r switch.
Carts Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 TXT No power?

Welcome to the forum ffmm121.................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO