lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Dontknowsquat
Not Yet Wild

Default Loaded questionI know,but here goes for all the G1 experts out there

How much should I expect to spend on a g1 if I have to go through the engine and electrical? I found an 88 g1 for 350.00 but motor is dis assembled but it comes with another complete engine. So I have to assume an engine rebuild and I don't have any info on the electrical so, my past experience tells me to expect the worst.
Dontknowsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
ewbldavis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Loaded questionI know,but here goes for all the G1 experts out there

go for it...why not?!
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Loaded questionI know,but here goes for all the G1 experts out there

I'd say if the rest of the cart is all there then it's a no brainer...provided that it's in "rebuildable" condition, not rusted out, banged up, and wrecked. LOL

Mine was a basket case when I got it, it was totally disassembled. I paid $350 because it was nearly rust free. But I've got over 200 hours and over $2k in this thing, easy. So if you aren't afraid to put in some time, money, and effort, you'll have a nice cart. Now, if you have $2k sitting around I'd tell you to go buy one that is already done.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
Dontknowsquat
Not Yet Wild

Are all parts still readily available?
Dontknowsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontknowsquat View Post
Are all parts still readily available?
You can get a new top end including cylinder, jetting, pipe and performance clutch from Plowman's for around $800
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha