lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2007 TXT PDS Coil over shocks

I have a 2007 txt , Jake's long travel on the front. The Jake's really helped smooth the ride enormously. I wanted some options on putting coil overs on the back. Will this make it ride stiffer, softer or not make any difference. Rear has stock springs, lift and shocks with extenders currently. I would love to find a good shock that does not use the extenders too. Thanks for any feedback.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 TXT PDS Coil over shocks

I don't think you will see any difference in your ride by replacing just the shocks in your rear suspension. I have read on this forum that the leaf springs are the main aspect of the suspension and some have run their carts with no shocks. There must be some benifit of the shocks, but again from what I have read, any changes to shocks only will be minimal.
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply. I have read the same thing in other threads. I guess as long as I have springs it will be stiff. I purposely left the original leafs in to keep the ride as soft as possible. I have a rear seat kit and only drive paved roads. Tire rub is not an issue. I need new bushings for sure there all cracked. The gas guys get to use 3 and 4 link in the rear, electric is a no as far as I have read.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure what your budget is but check out the Stretch Plastics link. They have rear suspension options - believe Scotty B at Carts Unlimited is a dealer.

http://www.strechplastics.com/Lift%20Kits.htm
Old 08-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My bad, looks like you are right - gas only for rear (last pic)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO