lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #21
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Loaded question on battery life ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
I would try to replace the #2 battery in your readings. Then if that doesn't fix the problem, have the dealership take the cart and test for problems. Since it is a PDS cart, do you still have the reverse buzzer hooked up? If it is, then you should be hearing some 'beeps'. If and when you hear the series of beeps, you need to count them. There is a pause between beeps, so count that, too. You may hear 2 - 1 or 3 - 2...
backup alarm is hooked up and works, I just muffled it with some duct tape.

The beeps you talk about hearing, is this when it is in reverse or some kind of alarm when it is going dead ?
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #22
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Number 2 in that list looks like the suspect battery.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #23
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Number 2 in that list looks like the suspect battery.
Just picked up another one from the company and I have it on a regular charger before I put it in, probably will give it a hour or so and then get it in the cart and bring it up the rest of the way. I'll let you know if it works !
Old 10-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #24
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The 'beeps' are when you are driving the cart in forward. The controller on a PDS will send out 'codes' in a series of 'beeps' that will tell you if there is a 'problem' that it 'sees'. REMOVE THE TAPE so you can hear this feature while you are diagnosing the issues your new ride may / may not have. Example - Low battery voltage will beep twice, pause then beep once, meaning a 2-1 code...
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:24 PM   #25
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Direct from the Trojan website:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StateOfChargePercetages-Trojan.jpg (27.5 KB, 20 views)
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #26
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks like we found the guilty party !!!!!!! I swapped out the #2 battery with the used one from the shop and at full charge all were 6.33 and above I think, I didn't write the numbers down. I then rode 7 miles off and on this afternoon and I still had 50% left according to the battery meter on the cart. I checked them with the volt meter just for the heck of it and all were between 6.12 and 6.19, which according to the above chart is pretty good.

Thanks for your help guys !
Old 10-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #27
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk View Post
I check the Batteries this morning here's the readings I got.

#1 6.32
#2 6.28
#3 6.31
#4 6.37
#5 6.33
#6 6.33

I then put them under a load, front wheels against a wall and light pressure on the gas peddle. Here's those readings.

#1 5.93
#2 5.67
#3 5.93
#4 5.95
#5 5.89
#6 5.95

So what is the news (good or bad) ?
# 2 is the obvious culprit. # 4 seems to be the best one out of the pack followed by #6. I think the pack as a whole might be a little "tired". A bad connection will cause charging problems too.....it will still run but may not charge as good. #1 rule with electrics is proper battery maintainence, whether it be watering, battery cables or keeping the tops clean, it all HAS to be done right.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #28
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
# 2 is the obvious culprit. # 4 seems to be the best one out of the pack followed by #6. I think the pack as a whole might be a little "tired". A bad connection will cause charging problems too.....it will still run but may not charge as good. #1 rule with electrics is proper battery maintainence, whether it be watering, battery cables or keeping the tops clean, it all HAS to be done right.

Everything I can get from today forward is a bonus and when I have to buy new I'll bite the bullet. Just because they are a little "tired" I don't think
it is time to replace them, maybe I can get a year or so out of them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO