lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #1
BigShowDuramax
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Rear seat grab handle

Does anyone have pics of a custom grab handle for a flip flop rear seat? I have an idea to make one on a collar to go around a receiver hitch insert but I'm not sure about how wide to make it. I'd like to make it as wide as possible but I was hoping someone with experience with them would have some ideas or maybe potential problems with having it too wide.
and of course custom addons would be a plus in the coolness department!
BigShowDuramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Rear seat grab handle

Let us see what you come up with.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #3
TopherAndTick
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If your building, Id install cup holders.
TopherAndTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #4
BigShowDuramax
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Cup holders would be nice. I am definitely going with some kind of light. I have some led strobes that I recently replaced on my truck, thinking about putting them on there.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:33 AM   #5
BigShowDuramax
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Anymore ideas out there? I know for a fact we have some very creative minds out there from all of the custom stuff I have seen.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:05 AM   #6
19thHole
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread but hey, I'm new and I'm finding all the answers I need from some really old posts.
So I just got a 2013 CC with the flip flop rear seat. Living in Australia drastically limits options and availability of parts and accessories so one must at times innovate.
I used 25mm (1") square tube, 1.6mm (.062 ") thick and the same in angle for the mounting brackets.
I modelled the bar off the OEM ones as far as the mounting goes but made the width, height and stand off to suit my needs. Width if slightly wider than normal as I will transport heaps of folding chairs across the footrest and want them to not twist and fall off.
The stand off just clears the flip seat. All the corners are knock in plastic ones with welded metal cores to give them the strength they need.
No welding, just M8 stainless bolts with nylock nuts so it can easily be dismantled and repurposed if needed.
I used 3m of gal tube for a cost of $25AUD, 2 x 90 degree knock-in corner joints for the top, 2 x 3-wat knock-ins for the bottom for $10AUD each, a half meter of 25mm angle for the mounts for $3AUD and finally 8 nuts and bolts I had laying around the shed.

Under the foot rest

pre-paint

Side view

Mounted

Added a tow tongue for my little trailer (has moved tons of prunnings over the last 3 years. Best $75 ever spent. Running solid tyres so no flats.

19thHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:24 AM   #7
joe58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks good
joe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center