lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2020, 05:28 PM   #141
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium hunting cart overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
So no, there isn't any individual cell monitoring.

Using lithium without a BMS can be done, but I wouldn't want to risk my investment. Plus one of the main reasons I switched to lithium is less maintenence. I don't want to have to worry about manually checking each cell's charge and discharge voltage every time I use the cart.
You have asked me about the set up before, nothing has changed.
It is going on 5yrs since I put this system in, I have checked the voltage about 4 times, and that was usually because someone here responds to my post or has sent a pm asking how it's doing.
The best thing is there has been no filling with water, no cleaning of terminals, no acid leaking anywhere, I pretty much would call that no maintenance, I put the terminals on top and it takes all of about a minute to check them, 4 minutes in 5yrs .

I am by no means saying this is the way it is to be done. There's always more than one way to skin a cat. This is how others and I have done it and I'm well pleased.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #142
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
My understanding of such matters always needs to be explained in 2nd grade terms.

What I don't get about the controller HV cutoff is.....does the charging of a pack "go thru" the controller to allow the controller to cut off the charge?

I get how my BMS monitors each cell and provides the HV cutoff, but I don't get how my controller would be "involved".
It's been almost 5 yrs ago I probably mis stated that about the controller, I recall setting a voltage limit on it, may have been a low voltage cutoff.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 06:20 PM   #143
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C View Post
The best thing is there has been no filling with water, no cleaning of terminals, no acid leaking anywhere, I pretty much would call that no maintenance.
This is the main reason I went lithium
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car