lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2019, 08:46 PM   #41
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G2 Vs. Ninja 750 Motor

Oh bummer...we gonna need something to follow this winter..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2019, 08:47 PM   #42
Atmosphere31
Not Yet Wild

Well I will try to keep everyone updated on the bike at least. It'll be in the small corner of my garage so I can still work on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atmosphere31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:08 PM   #43
JRL
Gone Wild

I highly recommend getting the engine evaluated, carbs cleaned, and get it running. You can do this in your living room. Its OK. And remember that divorce is something that "real rodeo cart'ers" must deal with. Avoid open fires while doing the carbs in your living room. Kitchen is cool too.
Now. We have a plan.

Old 10-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #44
JRL
Gone Wild

Let me know of electrical puzzlements. I'm somewhat into scoot wiring things. And gremlins.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:46 PM   #45
Atmosphere31
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G2 Vs. Ninja 750 Motor

Throwing around the idea of doing Independent rear suspension, with a shorter rear shaft with universal joints on each end, axles down to more unis, to finally the hubs. Anyone know of a better way to do it or if a solid axle would be a better idea? I feel like a solid axle would be sturdier at higher speeds, but other than that, I can't think of much more upside. Thoughts?

Old 11-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #46
JRL
Gone Wild

Are you going to mount the engine sideways? Or are you talking "jackshaft"?

Old 11-09-2019, 12:01 PM   #47
JRL
Gone Wild

I think I see what you are describing. That is going to get REAL complicated. But, you could fab around some ATV rear knuckles and work from there. Saw off and fab on your cart, the rear of an independent ATV, use the axles (modified to fit your center) and have at it. Independent will add a bit of height to the finished product. And a lot of complexity. The ATV rear section would offer a correctly located platform into which you could mount your center brakes and sprocket shaft. I'm envisioning the completed project....$$$
Sand buggy racers and chinee 4 wheel sport vehicles (similar to an Odyssey) have these setups.
I think mounting the engine sideways and using a KLF 300 2WD rear axle would be easier. Short driveshaft. And you would have "differential' or "locked" mode. Driveshaft adapter can be made up with a sprocket. Think Legends Car racers with Yamaha 1100 engines.
Keep in mind that independent suspension is weight sensitive on lightweight vehicles. You'll be tilted sideways when weighted in one side. Unless you use a sway bar?? A strong sway bar

Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #48
Atmosphere31
Not Yet Wild

With mounting the engine sideways, are you saying to more or less create a shaft driven rig as opposed to chain driven?

Old 11-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #49
JRL
Gone Wild

Yes. The engine sprocket would become the driveshaft flange. That allows use of many ATV rear axle setups.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps