lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2021, 06:07 PM   #61
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: FE290 engine rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl9595 View Post
CP241 I have got to say thank you for doing this. My 2001 Carryall I bought from original owner said the "GRandkids had been using the cart for the last few years.
Well it died, starting checking things. No compression. Pulled engine. You were right it does weigh less than my wife's purse.
Found the intake valve had so much debris on it! Grandpa had put a new air cleaner
In my search I did find one thing out. The FE290 carts when dead DISAPPEAR to Cart heaven noone seems to know here they go. If you guys on here can answer that one. LOL!
They go to my house, get rebuilt and then we play with them

Glad I was able to help
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2021, 01:45 PM   #62
liquidh8
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Love the thread, literally am doing mine right now.
liquidh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:42 AM   #63
Cb750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Once the rings are installed, insert the piston into the cylinder. I use a nylon trim tool but everybody has their own methods here.

Next, install the counterbalance weight onto the crankshaft. This one the link rods are tight so I did not replace those bushings, maybe I'll do another write up on that next time :)

Once the counterbalance weight is installed, install the crankshaft into the motor case.

Then, install the counterbalance weight shaft in the bottom of the motor. It seals with an o ring into the block, replace if necessary.
I just reassembled my engine yesterday. A trick I figured out is to not put the counterbalance shaft in until after you torque the rod cap bolts. Once you torque the top rod bolt, rotate the crank and swing the counterbalance down so you can get to the lower rod bolt. After that you can put the counterbalance shaft in.
Cb750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 06:31 AM   #64
sqhunter57
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2000 club car utility with fe350 can I put a 96 290 in it. Thanks
sqhunter57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:50 AM   #65
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqhunter57 View Post
I have a 2000 club car utility with fe350 can I put a 96 290 in it. Thanks
You could, sure. It will fit. But I wouldn’t recommend it. The 96 engine spins the opposite direction. You’d want a 97+ engine.

your shifter will be backwards. Reverse will drive forwards and forward will be reverse. Your gearing will be funky too because reverse is geared way lower than forward. So basically you’re gonna have a ton of torque in forward but a top speed of shout 8mph due to the gearing difference.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 01:01 PM   #66
sqhunter57
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the information
sqhunter57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car