lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2020, 09:12 AM   #1
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New guy here with 2015 RXV

Hello BGW folks. New guy here and I'm really finding a lot of useful information here. I recently got a 2015 EZGO RXV and am enjoying it although that motor brake setup still feels strange to me.

Full body paint with detexturized trim. Stock height. 205-35 R15 Innova driver tires on Achieva Armor 15x7" wheels.

Have only used it a few times but recently I couldn't get it to go into reverse after being stopped for a few minutes. I had to turn the key switch off and on a few times and it finally reset, buzzer came on and worked as normal. I hope this was just a glitch and isn't a sign of trouble, but this computer based drive control system sure seems complicated.

Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2020, 09:19 AM   #2
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New guy here with 2015 RXV

I love how you did the bumper and kick plates!!! How did you de-texturize the plastic and how difficult was it. Is the finish paint or wrap?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #3
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
I love how you did the bumper and kick plates!!! How did you de-texturize the plastic and how difficult was it. Is the finish paint or wrap?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Although I've done a lot of auto body prep and paint work in the past, a paint shop did this one. They used a sander and a light flexible glaze filler to smooth the plastic. It is a lot of hand work (more than I have patience for anymore), but they are glass smooth.

The paint is PPG/Deltron 2000 base coat/clear coat urethane.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cart looks sweet As for the reverse issue it sounds like it failed the start up sequence. The pedals not coming all the way back to zero can cause this. Try pulling up on the pedals next time it happens and see if is it. If so look for trash or dirt blocking them.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #5
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Cart looks sweet As for the reverse issue it sounds like it failed the start up sequence. The pedals not coming all the way back to zero can cause this. Try pulling up on the pedals next time it happens and see if is it. If so look for trash or dirt blocking them.
Thanks for the tip. I'm still getting used to the RXV drive system so I appreciate the help.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:55 PM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks really nice. Welcome!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #7
AlexYannoulatos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is one awesome RXV! I also recently got one, and too finding the AC drive strange. Hopefully its just a matter of getting used to.
AlexYannoulatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides