lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2015, 08:11 PM   #1
96 stroker
Getting Wild

Default Cushman haulster

So I just got this thing.. I'm confused weather it's gas or diesel tho. It's a 4 speed manual and has a wait to start light and spark plugs..
96 stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Cushman haulster

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
96 stroker
Getting Wild

Idk how to post on here from iPhone lol
Old 04-13-2015, 08:57 PM   #4
96 stroker
Getting Wild

[/IMG]
Old 04-13-2015, 09:01 PM   #5
96 stroker
Getting Wild

Old 04-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #6
96 stroker
Getting Wild

Old 04-13-2015, 09:03 PM   #7
96 stroker
Getting Wild

Old 04-13-2015, 09:03 PM   #8
96 stroker
Getting Wild

Old 04-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #9
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

If it has spark plugs it's got to be gas (none visible in the pictures), but glow plugs in a diesel can look similar. Do the wires to the "spark plugs" have heavy insulation for high voltage or thinner insulation?

I would remove the fuel cap and take a sniff. There's a huge difference between the smell of gas and diesel. If there isn't much smell, use something as a dip stick and draw a sample out of the fuel tank to get a better sniff. Compare the smell to the gas tank of your car, if in doubt. Most Trucksters/Haulsters were gas, but Cushman/Textron did make some with diesel engines. The "Wait To Start" light might be for an electric fuel pump to give it time to build fuel pressure (just a guess), or it could be to wait for the glow plug to get hot in a diesel, so that isn't a good clue.

You are very wise to be sure which you have. Putting gas into a diesel engine can result in an explosion. Putting diesel into a gas engine will make it impossible to start, or if the gas to diesel ratio is small it will not run well and smoke heavily.

That's a nice looking Truckster/Haulster. A late 90's or early 2000 ? They were designed for, and usually used for, refuse pick up in alleys, etc. where they could come back out to the street and dump into the large garbage trucks, or for refuse pick up around large manufacturing facilities, but very handy for hauling and dumping many things. I could sure use one of them around my place. My 87 Truckster is a stake body (flat bed with fences). I put plywood on the fences when I haul dirt or gravel. Not great, but it works.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #10
96 stroker
Getting Wild

I did all that.. It smelled like gas and has spark plugs.. The wts light had be confused . According to the internet it's a 2003 1/2 ton with a Honda gas motor.. Now to figure out why it won't stay running without either.. That to fix the Trans.. It's stuck in gear
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts