lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #281
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 82 harley cart with suzuki 440 FC engine

Went take Suzi for a ride today. Some how the brake was locked up. Further investigation revealed the bracket holding the brake pedal assembly to the frame is broken. I think that is it until next year in the spring. Too bad.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2019, 03:47 PM   #282
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Well the carsandcameras guys got 2 old 440 F/C cc sled engines bench tested today. It just shows how these simple powerful engines run even will serious non being used time. They have a 670 Rotax sled engine on the way. Their first project will be putting one of the 440's in place of a 13 hp clone on an old go cart. That should be something to see.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:45 PM   #283
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The carsandcameras guys started on the sled engine into the Murray Go Kart. Looks like by the next episode there will be a test run. I was surprised the sled engine weighed less than the 420 clone they removed.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:41 PM   #284
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The carsandcameras guys were afraid to go less than a 40-1 oil mix and the owners manual on my Suzuki recommend a 50-1. For some reason i don't have near the smoke they do. A little disappointed they haven't gotten better results with their sled engine go kart build.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:45 PM   #285
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Just read through your build Ray, looks like you've had a lot of fun with this old HD!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:31 PM   #286
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It took some time and doesn't have reverse BUT with 40 + HP it is an absolute blast to drive. As soon as the weather warms up I will have to see what is going on with the chassis. I spent quite a bit of time getting the Mikuni VM carb working with the HD throttle pedal actually using the stop/start switch system along with getting the throw just so with all that power. 2 areas that are so so include the single disc brake and the somewhat vague steering.But considering she was half flooded in super storm Sandy and the prior owner wanted me to part her out not a bad ending. Of course me turning the cooling fan into shrapnel @ 6500 rpms kind of decided the need to do the engine swap.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:34 PM   #287
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
It took some time and doesn't have reverse BUT with 40 + HP it is an absolute blast to drive. As soon as the weather warms up I will have to see what is going on with the chassis. I spent quite a bit of time getting the Mikuni VM carb working with the HD throttle pedal actually using the stop/start switch system along with getting the throw just so with all that power. 2 areas that are so so include the single disc brake and the somewhat vague steering.But considering she was half flooded in super storm Sandy and the prior owner wanted me to part her out not a bad ending. Of course me turning the cooling fan into shrapnel @ 6500 rpms kind of decided the need to do the engine swap.
Yeah the single disc brakes leave some to be desired, but they do surprisingly well. You've really turned that cart into something cool!
Old 04-10-2020, 07:16 AM   #288
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It does stop her BUT with a cart that is capable of mid 30 mph it is a little less than ideal.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:45 AM   #289
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
It does stop her BUT with a cart that is capable of mid 30 mph it is a little less than ideal.
Yep, with those speeds I can understand that
Old 05-05-2020, 10:19 AM   #290
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Crawled under Suzi this a.m. I am pretty much going to have to fab up a sub frame from the thick plate by the engine compartment and support the whole pedal assembly and across to the drivers side top mount. She is really rotted out under there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps