lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ideas for fabrication of LED bar mount

I want to mount a 36" LED bar in between the front roof supports, recessed so it doesn't stick out much. I've been searching for a pic of an install like this but haven't found anything. The inside to inside of the supports measures 37" so I have enough room to squeeze the bar in there but I'm thinking I'll have to build a pipe bracket that runs across between the supports to mount the light bar to. It would bolt to the rear side of the front roof supports. I suck at design so if anyone has any ideas to add please let me know. Here is a pic of the location where I want to mount it and also a pic of a sketch I did of the mounting bar I want to build. I have a mig welder and can use a pipe bender as needed. Thanks

IMG_1743.JPG

bracket.jpg
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Ideas for fabrication of LED bar mount

Why not just mount it to your roof instead of the front uprights?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Why not just mount it to your roof instead of the front uprights?
I'm not opposed to that. You don't think it would shake? Seems like the roof vibrates a lot......
Old 10-10-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
guyboy1970
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Dixie chopper,
I would think with the year TXT we have its going to shake in either location but that is just my $0.02.
guyboy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #5
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyboy1970 View Post
Dixie chopper,
I would think with the year TXT we have its going to shake in either location but that is just my $0.02.
Good point....... I might look at mounting it between the bars right above the dash.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:52 PM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

it WILL shake like a Beeeeyat*h ... Either way. ESPECIALLY on the uprights or roof. With a TXT, the key to minimizing (and by NO means do I mean "eliminating") shake is to drill the cowl about 3" in front of the inner dash and fab a couple of 3"x1.5" plates to use as backers or homemade "washers" on the inside of the cowl. You would *think* that the cowl, being plastic, would transfer even MORE vibration, but if You keep it close to the dash it actually holds the light really nice. With a custom paint job, it will eventually star and crack, with the factory color it should stay localized enough to stay non-visible. This of course is on a cart that really and truly gets used "Off-Road" - a "general Use" cart likely wouldn't shake the light enough to do the damage (IE yard use, street, the occasional trip down the trail to the field, etc) ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #7
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
it WILL shake like a Beeeeyat*h ... Either way. ESPECIALLY on the uprights or roof. With a TXT, the key to minimizing (and by NO means do I mean "eliminating") shake is to drill the cowl about 3" in front of the inner dash and fab a couple of 3"x1.5" plates to use as backers or homemade "washers" on the inside of the cowl. You would *think* that the cowl, being plastic, would transfer even MORE vibration, but if You keep it close to the dash it actually holds the light really nice. With a custom paint job, it will eventually star and crack, with the factory color it should stay localized enough to stay non-visible. This of course is on a cart that really and truly gets used "Off-Road" - a "general Use" cart likely wouldn't shake the light enough to do the damage (IE yard use, street, the occasional trip down the trail to the field, etc) ...

Thanks for the input. You’re probably right mounting up high will shake. My cart is a street/grass/yard rig. I use my side x side at the camp. I might give it a try up top I can always move it
Old 10-10-2017, 08:20 PM   #8
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sir Nuke, didn’t you mount one on the front of the roof on that cart you built? Does it shake?
Old 11-05-2017, 08:31 PM   #9
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

What did you decide to do?
What light kit did you get?
What brand is the bottom one you have?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:57 AM   #10
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
What did you decide to do?
What light kit did you get?
What brand is the bottom one you have?
1. Haven't had time to do it yet. Too many other projects going as always.

2. I got this light on amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Topcarlight-L...s=36+light+bar

3. The bottom is this one - https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Light...2%22+light+bar

The 12" puts out plenty of light. The bigger one is more of a want than anything.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center