lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2023, 02:05 AM   #1
jase33
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2016 RXV Freedom

Hey Guys,

I've recently replaced my old '91 marathon with a new to me 2016 RXV. I've put a 6" lift, replaced all front bushings, HD rear leaf springs, tinted windshield, 14" GTW wheels with 255 street tires and seat covers. I also added the light & turn signal kit. The cart is used in my neighborhood where we have a large golf cart community (no golf course) and we like to run to the parks and shops in the cart and run the little one to school and back. I have a black extended top on the way.

I am going back and forth on getting the doubletake sentry dash to make it less "golfy". I used FastRXV to flash the Curtis controller and it will hit 35mph easy. I have a Navitas kit but not sure if I will use it on this cart. Also going to add some RGB for when we ride at night or in the monthly neighborhood "cart parade". I have the old marathon torn down right now rebuilding and converting to 48v before selling it.

Anyway, I figured I would join up here while rebuilding the marathon in case I run into some issues and may be able to help someone out here and there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1998.jpg (207.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1994.jpg (209.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2002.jpg (216.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1999.jpg (208.5 KB, 0 views)
jase33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2023, 05:11 AM   #2
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 RXV Freedom

Your cart looks outstanding! I am a huge fan of the RXV, and you have a great looking example of one. Well done!
sleeplesstwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 07:47 AM   #3
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

The extended top will make it perfect 🤌.
No reason to put the navitas in there, you've already maxed out the curtis controller which drives smoother anyway.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 07:51 PM   #4
jase33
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplesstwo View Post
your cart looks outstanding! I am a huge fan of the rxv, and you have a great looking example of one. Well done!
thanks!!
Old 10-03-2023, 07:54 PM   #5
jase33
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
The extended top will make it perfect 🤌.
No reason to put the navitas in there, you've already maxed out the curtis controller which drives smoother anyway.
I was hoping to be able to get some additional torque when going up a few small hills in traffic. I already have the Navitas laying around. I can always swap it back.

But you are right, it does ride smooth with the stock controller maxed out. All I hear is that sweet AC whine from the motor.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:03 AM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice looking cart!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 11:55 AM   #7
jase33
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy View Post
nice looking cart!
thanks!!
Old 10-04-2023, 12:12 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have not seen a before and after of what parameters the fastrxv card does but I do know that the stock freedom dongle update does not help with the torque and I believe it turns it down. With a developer level cable you can turn all torque settings to 100% but highly recommend updating the cables to 2ga and a bigger solenoid.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 07:17 PM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I have not seen a before and after of what parameters the fastrxv card does but I do know that the stock freedom dongle update does not help with the torque and I believe it turns it down. With a developer level cable you can turn all torque settings to 100% but highly recommend updating the cables to 2ga and a bigger solenoid.
I agree
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 11:29 PM   #10
jase33
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I have 2awg welding wire cables and a 400A solenoid now. I don't need much torque all the time. Only when going up two streets. Right now the cart can keep it at about 25mph with one passenger up the hill.

That's why I am thinking of throwing in the Navitas controller with OTF and keeping the stock motor. I already have one from another cart that we did not use it on so it wont cost me anything. That way I can adjust as I go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides