lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
eebasist
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 accellerates on Choke only. Am I missing a part?

I purchased a G27A from an auction (light duty UMAX), appears to be internally identical to a G22 gas. I drained the tank, didn't see crud in the bowl and replaced the fuel filter and the pump. She starts under choke and will run without it. However if I want to accelerate, I have to feather the throttle when not choked. With the choke on, I can floor it and it doesn't die. I didn't see any air leaks, has new gaskets on both sides of the carb and is torqued correctly from what I can tell.

Took apart the carb (Stock Mikuni) to clean it, and noticed I may be missing a piece (Main Jet?) or are two pieces stuck together. I have the jet (#8 in diagram) that goes into the outside body, the jet that goes in the side of the stem of carb body (#11), and a long tube that goes into that stem (#9). I don't see #10 anywhere (or is it stuck in #9....I don't know what it should look like but #9 looks like a solid piece of brass with threads on top).

Any thoughts? Anyone have a good source for replacement jets without a rape me price?

Once she runs reliably I plan to put a clutch spring kit in her to handle the 20" tires a bit better as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G27A Carb Question.JPG (80.0 KB, 0 views)
eebasist is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2020, 02:40 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 accellerates on Choke only. Am I missing a part?

Part of it stayed in the carb, you can see it poking out into the throttle bore. Your problem is that it's just not fully cleaned. Also be sure the bleed jet (outside of carb) is super clean, (cleaner in the small end hole, comes out 3 holes on the side)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:06 PM   #3
eebasist
Not Yet Wild

Wow...thanks. I see what you mean, that little brass thing protruding into the bore of the carb..I cant get the little bugger out....any ideas before I destroy something with an ez-out?

On a side note, I did get a bunch of crud out of that tube when I ran the carb cleaner tube thru that nozzle. I'm debating putting it back together to see what she does, or dipping it again and spraying it clean if I cant get any idea on how to get that piece out
Old 03-23-2020, 01:46 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Heat it up a little, that often frees it up. And be sure to use a screwdriver that fits very well, or itll get wrecked.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:11 PM   #5
eebasist
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help....couldn't get the bugger out, but did run a brush thru there and sprayed it out some more.

Thanksfully she runs without choke now after initial startup. Need to put a small tach to see how many RPMs she is pulling when floored/and or if I have the throttle all the way open as in the grass i'm getting about 18mph on 20" tires. Need to see what she does on asphalt.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha