lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
Double3
Not Yet Wild

Default Will not start.

I have a Bobcat 2100 (same as 272 Carryall, Pioneer 1200...from what I've researched.)

Used it the other day and when I shut it off it would not start back up. There is an electric bed that wouldn't work either. I replaced the starter/generator last year shortly after I got it.

The solenoid is intermittently making noise when I try to start it. Most of the time it makes no noise. The battery is testing 12v. Fuses are good. The large terminal on the solenoid with positive has 12v. The small terminals have nothing till I try to start and they have 6v. Nothing on the other large terminal. I had done this testing and tried to start it again and the solenoid started making noise so I tested again and the large terminal was dropping from 12v to 7v but did not do that when it wasn't making noise.

Also found that the electric bed was connected to that positive terminal on the solenoid as well. I touched that to the positive battery and it worked fine.

Another thing that may have something to do with it is that you start this by turning the key not pushing the accelerator.

I was originally pretty sure it was the solenoid but now I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to post a few pics. One is of the limit switch which I'm guessing has something to do with why it starts with the key?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (90.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (69.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (223.6 KB, 0 views)
Double3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
Double3
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Will not start.

Something else I forgot to mention is the day we used it and it didn't start back up the battery was low and I had to charge it up. Has held charge fine since.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the voltage is dropping that far you need to check the battery itself. When trying to start does the voltage drop at the battery terminal? If so bad battery. If not and it drops at the solenoid replace the heavy cable from the battery to the solenoid
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:28 PM   #4
Double3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If the voltage is dropping that far you need to check the battery itself. When trying to start does the voltage drop at the battery terminal? If so bad battery. If not and it drops at the solenoid replace the heavy cable from the battery to the solenoid
Does not drop at the battery terminal. Load tested battery good.

If the solenoid is making a noise it drops voltage. If the solenoid does not make noise the voltage stays at 12v. Either way nothing starts.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:30 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it drops on the battery side of the solenoid when the key is turned drops voltage it is probably a bad cable.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:36 PM   #6
Double3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If it drops on the battery side of the solenoid when the key is turned drops voltage it is probably a bad cable.
Could that be intermittent?

I’ll check it out.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yes
Old 03-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #8
Double3
Not Yet Wild

I'm able to jump the solenoid if that means anything.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:13 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

So if you jump the solenoid it attempts to start? Where were you getting the 7 volts?
Old 03-27-2020, 03:30 PM   #10
Double3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
So if you jump the solenoid it attempts to start? Where were you getting the 7 volts?
Yeah before I couldn’t get it to jump. Then I messed with it some more and was able to get it to and started the cart. I turned it off and now it starts with the key every time.....

I was getting 7v on the positive post of the solenoid when I tried it start with the key but only if the solenoid was clicking. If it wasn't clicking it stayed at 12v. It was not clicking when I was able to jump it.

I did pull the wire off the battery and inspect it. The connection was a little corroded and I scraped it but still had to jump.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car