lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #1
PSLredneck87
Not Yet Wild

Question Pre mcor to mcor conversion kit problems

Happy sunday funday. I have a issue with a pre mcor to mcor 4 conversion kit I just installed today. I have a 95 club car ds the serial starts as follows s# A9551. So last week I picked up this cart from a buddy and it wouldn't go full speed and it jumped when you put down the peddle about half way and started going maybe 5 mph. So i bought it from him and have big plans but waiting for some money to order lift kit and such. I checked out the wiring and thanks to this forum I checked the pot at the controller and was getting a reading from the the yellow to green at 5k ohms standing and only went to 2400 ohms with the pedal to the floor. Read a bit more and found a pre-mcor to mcor4 kit . So I ordered the kit this morning I cut out the old defective pot box and installed the conversion kit. Everything went well clean up go out to test drive the cart and foot all t he way to the floor and it jimp the stops
But once I slowly start lifting my foot it goes and gets up to prob 11 mph approx. So I automatically thing it's a 0-5k ohm mcor and my old pot box was 5k-0
So now here is my question can I just switch the yellow and purple on my stock controller and cut and swap the yellow and purple in the harness? Or am I screwed and need to get another controler? If anyone has any answer I would appreciate the help .
Thank you
PSLredneck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2020, 04:01 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Pre mcor to mcor conversion kit problems

to BGW

I may be wrong, but I believe all MCORs are 5k-0. And I don't believe the wires can just be swapped to switch the ohms output. What controller is installed in the cart? It sounds like a 0-5k controller may be in there...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:55 PM   #3
PSLredneck87
Not Yet Wild

So I just looked up the controller and it is a curtis pmc model 1204-410 and it says in a manual I found it is a 5k-0. So I must have done something wrong during the install maybe with new linkage that came in the kit. Idk any direction would be nice going to tear it apart tomorrow.
20200329_194749.jpg
PSLredneck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:02 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Ok that is the correct controller for the cart. I'm not sure how those conversion kits work, but you may be onto something in regards to the linkage. It may be backwards, turning the MCOR the opposite direction that it should be.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:36 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Yes. That is the later 1995 silver colored 5k-0 controller. The early ones were black.

PSL, look at the last wiring diagram in the Club Car "stickies" wiring diagrams. That was your original wiring. See if your MCOR is installed to work with that.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car