lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #21
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: SlamminSam's EZGO Diesel thread

I thought the speakers would work OK.
The motor was out of a sulfur burner trailer on my friends farm. one of those ran hard and put away wet types of things im sure. It runs great, fires right up. the pull start housing was rusted out, so i had to buy a cheap yellow knock off one.
Slamminsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #22
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cool. Look forward to see the finished project. I'm counting down the days until we move to our new home in the country, i'm sure i'll be able to come across things like that better than I can in the city right now. Plus my new neighbor races dirt bikes so he said he should be able to help out.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #23
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not much done this week so far.
my daughters 10th b-day party and looking for a job. the job thing is a fulltime position in itself.
I did get the throttle cable mounted, a couple of lights, header pipe tacked onto the manifold temporarily. went to fastenal and got a couple of bushings for the tailgate, and some rubber backed steel washers. drilled some larger holes for the bed latch. Put some boots on the rear shocks. did some touch up paint on the pvc pipe caps turned speaker boxes.. havent come up with a good way to mount them yet. havent decided where to mount the stereo yet either. with a weather cover it doesnt fit in a natural hole like i wanted it to. i can always make a plate on the left cubby hole and mount it there too. ideas?
I think im going to take the day off or make it short on the job search, and try to concentrate on the cart, maybe finishing the bed up. that would be good to have done.
I called and have the belt coming, should see it in a week id think. sounds like they had been sitting on it for some reason.

I just noticed over 700 views. not many comments though, must be a boring thread

Last edited by Slamminsam; 02-27-2013 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: notes
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Definitely not a boring thread bud. I completely understand about the job searching! I'm looking for a new job also since we're moving from the southwest end of one county to the northeast corner of the next. Commuting just isn't an option with lift and big tires on the truck, half my pay check would go to gas. Looking forward to seeing pics of your progress, good luck on the job search.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #25
ThatGuyJake
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Subscribed, can't wait to see the progress. Looking good so far! I've toyed with the idea of a carroll stream swap.
ThatGuyJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #26
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i understand the commuting thing too. in fact having to sell my truck. 95 dodge gas, 5-speed, 2500 with 35's and over 300K on it. my most favorite truck. gotta pay the bills.

the carrolstream is a knock off of the yanmar i believe. I have that same style of motor in a generator. not sure which one exactly. I know its not the yanmar though.

hopefully i can make some progress today.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #27
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sorry to about you having to part with your truck. Keep you head up man, it'll work out for the best.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #28
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

me too. I also have a 78 F-150 for sale. 6" lift 35's, 400 auto. love that truck too.
started putting the bed sides on, went well for the most part until it came to the tailgate and all 4 holes don't line up...will have to work on that with help if i can find it. put some plastic restore junk on the fenders, they look good now. did some touch up painting.
when i painted i sanded, cleaned up and painted. then i read the threads about adhesion promoter...DOH!

I have a small pc of angle plate that i made to seal up between the bed floor and the back of the seat. I bought a drill bit today so i can get it riveted down and sealed up.
Small progress, but I try to keep plugging away.
Maybe tomorrow i can get more done to it too.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #29
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cool, we need pics man! Remember I don't have a cart yet, so I get as excited as yall do about the progress without the effort of doing the work lol.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #30
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

found out my boy is going to state with basketball tomorrow, so i have to do that first, then hopefully get some work done. and Ill get some pics for those of you that need the fix.. I like pics too. Ill get some...

Tags
diesel, ez-go, lift, marathon, oil burner
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps