lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #11
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: power loss to motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Does the solenoid drop out when the cart cuts out?

Not sure , when it happens my reaction is to let off and re engage the solenoid . When it happens next I will try to keep my foot on it see if it recovers or need to re-engage

Does the controller LED shut off when the cart cuts out?

FSIP controller doesnt have a led

If yes to either of these the trouble may be a micro switch

Are you talking about the micro switch thats in the pot box (green/white and blue wires) . Are we looking continuity ?
had it out today a few times and it didnt skip a beat at all
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2018, 07:52 AM   #12
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
the two wires would be the purple (B-) yellow (#3 Tab)
It should be the 2 wires in the black sleeve connecting to #2 and #3 on the controller.
0426162102~2.jpg
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:10 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Potentiometer signal like 0-5000Ωs do not fail intermittently. The signal wires can have a loose connection ? But the pot is not going to fail in the manner described. However the pot micro switch can and could be failing in the manner described causing the solenoid to drop connection or the controller to shut off as described - and then work again on the next stroke...

Since you use the cart so much and travel so far...it may be in your best interest to simply replace all of the micro switches in the cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:24 AM   #14
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Was just out now and had full failure.it clunked and died , i keep my foot on and didnt recover ( one little shutter). , Let off and it went again about 1/4 mile and died, sat a few mins and got nothing ,started to push with wife steering she tried the pedal and so able to make it back to the campsite. Trying to locate a battery strap to get into the pot. Town is 20 miles away.

Is the micro switch normal open or closed ? Can i by pass as a test by connecting the wires together ?

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #15
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Got a strap and pulled the battery out and got into the pot box. The micro switch clicks and tests fine but dont mean anything lol. I found where I can get them in town and will be pick up one. The copper contacts were a little slimmed up so i buffed with a piece of 320 to clean them up. When testing switches on the f/r i found the first one on the outside to be stuck closed with continuity all the time and will replace that too.

We will see tomorrow......

Old 04-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #16
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Micro switch replaced in pot box and no change . Ran for a mile or two then lost power. Then would go after re engage the solenoid, travel a 100 feet drop out again then it would take 5 or 10 mins of pedal play to get to go again, distance could be 10 feet or a 100 before it would do it again. Every thing seems to cool to the touch .

Old 04-13-2018, 07:36 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I'm thinking like NCPW. I wonder if you have a bad cable, or cable end that keeps going in and out.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:47 PM   #18
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you have anything installed on your cart that would tell you if you are losing power. I mean like a digital volt meter that is illuminated. That might give you something to go on if you knew that.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #19
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

yes it has a digital voltmeter , everything is fine voltage wise until it drops out . when it happens I see a split second drop to low 40's then swings right back to normal .
Old 04-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #20
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

You could try jumping from battery B+ to solenoid positive to keep the solenoid pulled in all the time. That would let you know if there is a bad power connection from the battery through the key sw and foot switch. As always observe all safety precautions as it may take off on you. Wait before you do that verify that you have HPD by applying the throttle and then turn the key on. If it doesn't move you got HPD.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car